Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:30 PM

Re: Sheeran Falls For The "Caring" Corbyn Myth

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I hope the Labour Party implodes by the New Year.
It imploded ages ago, it just hasn't stopped twitching yet
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I hope the Labour Party implodes by the New Year.
I hope the days get longer, by the new year.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Ed Sheeran always struck me as a bit of a drip anyway.
Yes, and whilst Sheeran can sing and Corbyn can talk , they seem to portray the same lack of qualities.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:06 AM

Considering we are encouraged to vote etc it saddens me when people ridicule anyone trying to get involved. Ed doesn't come from a particularly rich background, has done a lot for charity and has a fledgling political interest. If you want him to believe, actually if you want anyone to believe Tory way is best surely bugging up the tories is a better way to do than insulting them ? I don't know anyone made fun of turns rpund and says you are right they either lose interest altogether or stick their heals in.

Are we at a perfect point after years of Tory rule ? I and many don't see it that way. Ed is simple looking for a better way it behoves us all to do the same, that doesn't mean necessarily turning to labour but instead of making inane threads about people how about looking at tories and seeing what can be done differently to help the people this year scared of putting the heating on, the housing crisis, food banks etc a lot needs changing !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Hi

Yes, a lot does need changing Julie.

Unfortunately Corbyn and his cohorts will simply get us into a bigger financial mess.

We need something like the German system, more tax and benefits only if you have paid in enough.

Those genuinely unable to work being well looked after.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 11:05 AM

You know I've worked all my life from age of 12 all sorts of odd hours only had one year off that was to look after my husband after his stroke and it simply wasn't financially viable until he went back to work as I was only allowed to keep £10 a week of my wages if I did return. I've never been eligible for sick pay, I'm not eligible for a pension. Disability pay nope.

I don't get how anyone gets benefit if they haven't paid in ? How does that work and why doesn't it work for people like me ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You know I've worked all my life from age of 12 all sorts of odd hours only had one year off that was to look after my husband after his stroke and it simply wasn't financially viable until he went back to work as I was only allowed to keep £10 a week of my wages if I did return. I've never been eligible for sick pay, I'm not eligible for a pension. Disability pay nope.

I don't get how anyone gets benefit if they haven't paid in ? How does that work and why doesn't it work for people like me ?
Hi

We have people from families who have never worked Julie.

Benefits here are paid out of General Taxation.

The situation is very different elsewhere.

You pay into Unemployment Insurance, not private, Government run, the same with Pensions.

You have to take a job if one is available.

Look at the French and German systems.

In Poland, you pay tax at a high rate from very low wages, the tax is split between you and your employer as regards benefits, same as in France and Germany.

Compare that to the UK, the 28 families they moved into Social Housing here in the village.

They do not work, live rent and rate free, the more kids they have, the better off they are.

Excuses, I am a vegetarian, I will not work on a farm or in a meat packing plant, yet they go to McDonalds, at sausage rolls.

We have Down's Syndrome kids here who work, make a go of it, just happy to be working.

The local employers give them a job, looking after the Locals.

The scumbags at the back of me, who choose not to work are just that, scumbags.

Parasites living off the State.

I am quite willing, as I have stated many times before, to pay an extra £20 a week in Tax to help those genuinely in need.

In respect of the scum who refuse to work, all they would get is food and clothing stamps.

Unemployment here is a fraction of the National Average, a little over 1%, absolutely no excuse for them not working.

They smoke, they drink, every house has a Sky Dish.

I have absolutely no time for them at all.

I was given a Free Pass in 1991, Compulsory Medical Discharge, never to work or walk again.

Not for me, I did both and got off Benefits, I hated every minute I was on them.

It is an ethic thing, you work if you can.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-12-2017, 11:48 AM

I wonder if some sort of personal help might be way forward, someone for each family to get them to see work is better way ? I remember seeing a tv show. A few years ago where they put a hard worker into each none working family to motive them to get a job, that worked really well some started their own businesses some went to work in various jobs. One chap became a security guard I remember him particularly as he had crippling anxiety and after getting a job it virtually vanished it turned out being out of work had caused it and he never realised that !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

It's never worked for me either Julie. The one time I was out of work after 25 years employment, I was told to b*gger off basically.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top