Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:38 PM

"And the lights all went down.......

............and out on me last night at around 10.30 pm-power cut-and just as I was going to go and help pack 'The Weekend Bag'! Emergency plan brought into action: get torch-useless as battery dead as a door-nail (oooooh quaint expression-will have to post that )- ferret about in cupboard for matches to light candles-then back to lap-top only to find not much battery power left there (had had it on charge). All that was left to do then was read by candlelight-not too good for eyes-so gave that up as a bad job! Luckily I have a gas cooker so was able to boil pan of water for cuppa then off to bed. Don't know what time it came back on but am fully powered again tonight .
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Re: "And the lights all went down.......

Isn't it horrible?
No matter how much we think we're not reliant on technology .....

I invariably end up rolling my eyes at myself when I think stupid things like - 'No Tv, well I'll listen to CDs then' Or worse 'mm, oh yes, I know - I'll do the ironing'
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Isn't it horrible?
No matter how much we think we're not reliant on technology .....

I invariably end up rolling my eyes at myself when I think stupid things like - 'No Tv, well I'll listen to CDs then' Or worse 'mm, oh yes, I know - I'll do the ironing'
Just what I did last night Dinahsmum-actually went to get CD then decided to listen to radio....... doing the ironing never entered my head
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:47 PM

I'm all prepared like I told you so a few weeks ago, . . I have my own generator, . . nah-nah-na-nah-nah.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:55 PM

I just hate when that happens. I always have my flashlights and candles ready and how can you find anything in the dark. Good for sleeping that is if you remember to turn everything off and don't have lights and TV coming on at 3am.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

30-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I'm all prepared like I told you so a few weeks ago, . . I have my own generator, . . nah-nah-na-nah-nah.
Originally Posted by buzzie ->
I just hate when that happens. I always have my flashlights and candles ready and how can you find anything in the dark. Good for sleeping that is if you remember to turn everything off and don't have lights and TV coming on at 3am.
.......and nah-nah-nah-nah to you Nero

Made sure everything was turned off Buzzie before I went to bed-looked like Wee Willie Winkie walking round with a candle in my hand
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 10:24 PM

I keep a plentiful supply of candles and an oil lamp handy, TV and CD player can work on batteries. But no computer...aaugh!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

30-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I keep a plentiful supply of candles and an oil lamp handy, TV and CD player can work on batteries. But no computer...aaugh!
Thats what I missed most last night-my lap tap-couldn't chat to any OFFers
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 10:33 PM

The electric always seems to go at the wrong time too It's a devil of a job trying to manoeuvre yourself around in the pitch black trying to locate the torch or the candles.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

30-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The electric always seems to go at the wrong time too It's a devil of a job trying to manoeuvre yourself around in the pitch black trying to locate the torch or the candles.
It didn't help tripping over a couple of Hatti's toys either-don't know why I haven't trained her to put her toys back where she found them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top