Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 03:59 AM

Pallet furniture

Don't know if I have the skills but I wouldn't mind trying some of the designs here.

Pallet furniture link

Note the cat in the pic above. What room is complete without one?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Re: Pallet furniture

Looks great - go on give it a go! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes! Love the cat!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:52 AM

It looks very good Sue
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 11:34 AM

If you can get hold of pallets , there is usually some very good timber in them. I have built a complete Greenhouse out of pallet timber, admittedly it was a humongous Pallet, even had sides as well. The most time consuming problem with pallets is getting the old nails out, i think sometimes that the people that put them in must have had shares in a steel work .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 12:17 PM

I was in the bar at the Wharf theatre in Sydney where the tables were three pallets stacked on top of each other with a hole cut in the middle and a large flower pot inserted. Looked quite effective

Old fence pallings would look as effective for the above design and are hard wood.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Oooh this has given us an idea, we wanted some more permanent garden furniture but the prices of what we like was putting us off but this could be virtually free !

Thank you so much for posting the link !!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oooh this has given us an idea, we wanted some more permanent garden furniture but the prices of what we like was putting us off but this could be virtually free !

Thank you so much for posting the link !!
Great! Post photos as you go - I'd enjoy seeing how it turns out.

My cousin paints old furniture in pastels using 'chalk paint' which is satin or matte latex with some plaster of paris mixed in. It's very durable and I think would work on pallet furniture if one wanted colour vs natural wood.

I'm rethinking my bed as it takes up a lot of floor space... pondering doing a base from pallets to allow storage underneath.

Graham that must have been quite a project, but one that gave you a lot of satisfaction once complete!
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 09:32 PM

Over a year or two my Dad must have collected over 40 'free' unwanted pallets from a nearby garden centre; enough to fence 3 back gardens. He gave me about 15, I removed unwanted nails etc and sealed the wood, and made a fence for each side of the garden. They're still there now, just 30 years old, some are hidden a bit by hedges, one or two are showing signs of old age but they were a great bargain.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

10-03-2013, 12:02 AM

Another pallet idea to share....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top