Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:59 AM

Re: Areas to live in

Yes broadband ... and modern ...although in a old way as its an old cottage , so beutiful kitchen but has an aga ... log burner in living room . oil central heating . shower big enough for 2 !!
3 bedrooms, conservatory, large garden .New carpets everywhere as we did get it ready to rent but hubby chickened out as he didnt want wierdo's in the place ...but I can tell your no weirdo ;0) ......
I will pull out some photos for you ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Sounds like a great place - have you ever lived there? got any photos?
It can be a great place and I lived here for over 20 years (look to the right for my location Azz ). There's one of my dogs on our local beach in my albums but I haven't uploaded many pics of the Island but I'll have a go with posting pics:

They're all places I take the dogs for a run quite often

This is Peel Castle and posted mainly to show that the Isle of Man is not a wind tunnel (as is often thought of it ) - that sea in front of the castle is like a mill pond - not a swell in sight!

Hmm, two of them didn't appear - ah well, I tried
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:45 PM

Cornwall and Ireland are beautiful places, not sure the weather would suit you Azz .....
I've always fancied Austria too, but, again its probably to cold
I have seen a place for me, but it is a lottery win ....
Its 'Sioux Falls' in America, they have a private area there for over 55s - we saw a docu on it - paradise it is .....
Other than that - a tent set up in the Grand Canyon !
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Yes broadband ... and modern ...although in a old way as its an old cottage , so beutiful kitchen but has an aga ... log burner in living room . oil central heating . shower big enough for 2 !!
3 bedrooms, conservatory, large garden .New carpets everywhere as we did get it ready to rent but hubby chickened out as he didnt want wierdo's in the place ...but I can tell your no weirdo ;0) ......
I will pull out some photos for you ....
Thanks Baggy - it looks stunning in the photos! Log burner sounds lush too!

I've never used an Aga, are those the ones that are on all day? I love the idea of that - I would probably live in the kitchen as I am always cold

If you have any more photos I would love to see them too

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
It can be a great place and I lived here for over 20 years (look to the right for my location Azz ). There's one of my dogs on our local beach in my albums but I haven't uploaded many pics of the Island but I'll have a go with posting pics:

They're all places I take the dogs for a run quite often

This is Peel Castle and posted mainly to show that the Isle of Man is not a wind tunnel (as is often thought of it ) - that sea in front of the castle is like a mill pond - not a swell in sight!

Hmm, two of them didn't appear - ah well, I tried
Ok now you got me confused, I thought you was talking about Bournville but yeah, it it looks stunning!

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Cornwall and Ireland are beautiful places, not sure the weather would suit you Azz .....
I've always fancied Austria too, but, again its probably to cold
I have seen a place for me, but it is a lottery win ....
Its 'Sioux Falls' in America, they have a private area there for over 55s - we saw a docu on it - paradise it is .....
Other than that - a tent set up in the Grand Canyon !
Ireland would be too cold for me, but I do love the Irish, esp the accent

Just googled Sioux Falls and it looks great. I would love to visit the US one day, especially the warmer climates (well apart from the hurricane ones! lol)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks Baggy - it looks stunning in the photos! Log burner sounds lush too!

I've never used an Aga, are those the ones that are on all day? I love the idea of that - I would probably live in the kitchen as I am always cold

If you have any more photos I would love to see them too

Ok now you got me confused, I thought you was talking about Bournville but yeah, it it looks stunning!

Ireland would be too cold for me, but I do love the Irish, esp the accent

Just googled Sioux Falls and it looks great. I would love to visit the US one day, especially the warmer climates (well apart from the hurricane ones! lol)
Azz, here in southwest Ireland it's just the same as Cornwall in terms of temperatures, so if Cornwall isn't too cold, nor is Ireland. But it does rain a lot...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 04:30 PM

See you Jimmy, you obviously haven't been to Scotland.

Heaven on earth here - not like 'The Road to Wigan Pier' - and not a flat cap or whippet in sight!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Yes the aga is on all day and is toasty to sit by and put your feet on on a winters day. also its under the bathroom so the heat raises and keeps the bathroom warm plus there is a heater fed by the back boiler which keeps the bathroom warm all day. Its easy to cook with and you make toast on the top.... our cats have always slept on the back of it in the winter. We love it and wish we could bring it here. Iwill hunt out so more pics ...
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
See you Jimmy, you obviously haven't been to Scotland.

Heaven on earth here - not like 'The Road to Wigan Pier' - and not a flat cap or whippet in sight!
Ive been up Scotland thousands of times, spent a lot of my working life up there, plus have Scottish relations.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Where I am in Cheshire would meet all your needs, including Waitrose, Azz but cannot guarantee the weather.

The video you helped me out with on the help board is where I live.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Yes the aga is on all day and is toasty to sit by and put your feet on on a winters day. also its under the bathroom so the heat raises and keeps the bathroom warm plus there is a heater fed by the back boiler which keeps the bathroom warm all day. Its easy to cook with and you make toast on the top.... our cats have always slept on the back of it in the winter. We love it and wish we could bring it here. Iwill hunt out so more pics ...
Sounds just like my cup of tea that - I'd be glued to it

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Where I am in Cheshire would meet all your needs, including Waitrose, Azz but cannot guarantee the weather.

The video you helped me out with on the help board is where I live.
Cheshire looks lovely CC. If only global warming would hurry up a little bit

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top