Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Air fresheners

I like my home to smell fresh and clean. I open the windows for fresh air, but like to top it up with scented candles, spray air fresheners and the likes. I like the Airwick automatic spray.

Open windows and doors, or smelly stuff folks?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Re: Air fresheners

I am very aware no matter how clean a home can get a bit doggy when you have a dog so we have a sensor air freshener that goes off if someone walks by in the living room, a plug at the end of the hallway, another plug in in the kitchen and have popped a gel one in the bathroom.

Hopefully that and the open windows keep us doggy pong free.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:10 AM

Julie, my partner has an elderly dog and cat. He's having great difficulty keeping his home pong free. Spends time every day using the Vax machine, topped up by sprays, disinfectants. He's had to have the hall carpet lifted because the dog keeps weeing on it. And the cat. The door is always open for them, but it's an age thing. They're lovely pets, but very pongy . He's tried everything, but the problem persists.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Yes i use them, especially at Christmas when scented candles add to the altered state of scent and light, do prefer the more natural scents lavender, pine etc.

Ahh smelly dog syndrome, nothing worse than the smell of wet Hungarian Puli, takes days to dry their cords which have a natural waterproof coat.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:16 AM

I open My front and back door for 10min's in the Morning to let the air blow through (live in a Bung') Don't use air fresh sprays as they catch in My throat,use scented candles sometimes mostly at Christmas,but the smell I like best in the house is when I polish the furniture with pledge once a week :~)
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:17 AM

The M&S spray air freshners are excellent. They're in small glass bottles, but last a long time because you don't need to spray as much
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Sorry folks I don't like air fresheners. Some work by using a nerve agent to disable your ability to smell and some contain toxic chemicals which have been likened to the smoke from cigarettes .

I used to have breathing problems when I went to a house to baby sit and discovered it was caused by plug in air fresheners.

The only ones I would use are fresh lavender or potpourri .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 10:51 AM

I also like to have plants or cut flowers that have a strong smell about the house. Hyacinths are great for the winter indoors, I have some growing in the Day Room and the Kitchen at the moment.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 11:12 PM

Put a few drops of perfume on cotton wool & tuck it behind a hot radiator.
The heat brings out the fragrance..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

07-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Put a few drops of perfume on cotton wool & tuck it behind a hot radiator.
The heat brings out the fragrance..
Sounds like a good idea Carol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top