Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Re: You are never too old.

It is all that French Cheese and Wine that does it!
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:15 PM

I'm 64, and i bought myself last year. When i went out into the road for a practise, i was wobbling like a 5yr old, and as soon as i heard a car, i couldn't get into the kerb fast enough.
The bike has just been sitting here, but twice lately i've pushed it to the local park (about half mile) then ridden a bit where there's nothing i could hit, or hit me. But i wouldn't ride home, even on the pavement. I got off and pushed it. I suppose with a bit of practise i'll get my confidence. But i'm thinking when we were kids i'd go anywhere.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:23 PM

Ha, well, SamtheMan, the first outing on my new bike, I nearly crashed it into a tree on a trail because I was too busy chatting and laughing. Lesson learned there! My dad bought a new bike at 83 an now gets it out several times per week.

He says it's not the pedaling he's concerned about but the fall, and not because he'd get hurt, but because someone might see him! I guess we never get over the disease of pride .

Happy pedaling .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 04:47 AM

There should be a law making it an offence for people with varicose veins to wear shorts no matter how fit they are.

Even Cliffy Young wore tracky daks.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 06:28 AM

Well done to him, inspirational
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 10:50 AM

A good job Robert......
Work in progress for me......
There must be something special about Robert's.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top