Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 07:57 AM

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar discovery!

Extremely useful information! Thank you so much Realist.
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If I have a cold I sip warm water with a cap full of Apple Cider Vinegar and teaspoon of honey added.

Have no idea if it actually does anything but my first wife used to give it to me and it has become a habit. It doesn't do any harm anyway.

She read about its miraculous powers in a book called "Folk Medicine" by D C Jarvis MD. I still have the book, it's a 1973 hard back edition but you can probably get it on ebay if you look.
Thank you for sharing that Bruce. My Mom used to drink ACV straight - no chaser Smelled God-awful, but she swore by it. And ironically enough, when she passed away she had a mouthful of white teeth, all her own. Go figure.
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
May I suggest you ACV enthusiasts try the following for arthritis.
This info comes from one of my books written by an ex SRN who was crippled with arthritis for 16 years before she managed to walk free from it again.
She began writing about her experience, and eventually opened a clinic of her own at Kenilworth I believe. She died of old age in the end, but her daughter still runs the clinic to this day.

I drank it for a long time a few years back, and found it to be a very palateable drink with the honey added to it. I also used to rinse my mouth with warm water several times immediately afterwards, just to ensure my tooth enamel stayed in good order, and it has.

This lady said the ACV and acid-free diet not only got rid of her husband's arthritis too, but as an added bonus, it also shrunk his prostate gland which had been giving him much trouble and was going to be operated on.
He no longer needed the op.

Start with a small quantity, for example, one teaspoon of ACV with one teaspoon of honey, in large glass of water, and taken just once a day.
Once you are comfortable with this quantity, increase to two, and then three drinks per day.
Having settled into this routine, gradually increase the amount of ACV in each drink until you are taking one dessertspoon of it with one teaspoon of honey ina large glass of water, three times daily.

Diet too, is very important though, and an acid-free diet should be maintained along with the correct dietry supplements of vitamins, minerals and protein to compensate for foods omitted in the diet, and to strengthen the ability to eliminate the acid crystals.

If anybody wants to know more, look up:

"Treating Arthritis the drug-free Way" by Margaret Hills. (Sheldon Press).
I believe she wrote 4 little books in total.
Awesome information Mups! Thank you for sharing.
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

19-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep I've tried ACV. It is touted to have some strong health benefits.

We need to be clear first though. We are talking about the "real" ACV which is cloudy and contains the "mother" bacteria / yeast floating within it, as opposed to say the bottles of clear ACV that are readily available in some health stores and which some people use for making chutneys.

Sadly, I found I was unable to take ACV comfortably. People all of the internet were saying they could tolerate almost 1/2 to 1/2 a glass of ACV mixed with the same of water.

I couldn't tolerate even 2 teaspoons of ACV in a glass of water as the whole thing was so terribly acidic. It burned my stomach. I also believe like others that it would destroy the enamel of my teeth in time.

Vickitee, if you have been having food cravings then my advice would be to try and understand why you've been having them rather than trying to suppress them with ACV.

Typically many people are taking in piles of sugar without realising it because the sugars are hidden or not expected in the products they are eating. The sugars mess with your brain and digestion system and create food cravings and hence people start snacking.

Examples would be say a pot of Natural Yoghurt which has lots of sugar and no fibre, fruit juices which are piled with sugars and have very little fibre and so on.

I would urge you to read ALL the labels on all the products you have been regularly eating/drinking. It might surprise you how much sugar you've been taking in.
Hi Realist - Good points here, but sugar is definitely not my issue. I'm a nightshift worker and my cravings tend to hit while I'm here after my patient goes to sleep, and the house is super quiet. I used to work in the hospital where all the activity kept my mind off of food, but now my work nights are more sedentary. So, because I've opted not to eat meals at work, of course my mind is on food, food, food.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 10:24 AM

I've started taking ACV years ago. Someone told me it would bring my blood pressure down. It didn't make any difference. But I do like the taste of it in tea and water, so I'm still using it every day. I haven't noticed any side effects apart from my teeth falling out.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 08:35 AM

where can I purchase ACV with the mother yeast?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Try the local supermarket. That's where I get it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:32 AM

Hi Issi,I trolled the supermarkets and health shops where I live for ACV with the 'mother' with no success,so sent to good old Amazon for a pack of 3...no delivery charge....(.Bragg organic ACV)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Hi Issi,I trolled the supermarkets and health shops where I live for ACV with the 'mother' with no success,so sent to good old Amazon for a pack of 3...no delivery charge....(.Bragg organic ACV)
I got some from Amazon too May

I didn't like the ACV so put it on a shelf in the garage where it remained for a couple of years. The 'mother' turned into something from a horror film, a monster floating about in a bottle I ended up mixing it with salt and using it to kill weeds in the cracks on the patio .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I got some from Amazon too May

I didn't like the ACV so put it on a shelf in the garage where it remained for a couple of years, the 'mother' turned into something from a horror film with a monster floating about
Meg,Ye wee devil.I've just drank My first glass of the day with half a teaspoon of bicarb,...it's turned Me from an old monster into a wee angel

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top