Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Re: Capitalism

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simple solution to your statement.

Abolish the National Minimum Wage, that is what you are blaming.

We will let market forces rule.

Is that what you really want?

Good luck to you, the illegals will savage you.
Don't underestimate my thinking swim, I'd abolish nmw yes but I'd force companies to pay a regional living wage something allows every person working full time to live and rent a property in their locality. It just takes a will to make things better in this country sadly very few doing well want to think about ways to help those at the bottom.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Simple solution to your statement.

Abolish the National Minimum Wage, that is what you are blaming.

We will let market forces rule.

Is that what you really want?

Good luck to you, the illegals will savage you.
There is London weighting that addresses that costs are greater in London.
The costs are greater because market forces rule. I think there should be some intervention to preserve housing in inner London for those that service London i.e. dustmen, shop workers, bus drivers etc.

Illegals by the nature of being illegals are outside the system, the minimum wage doesn't apply. Whoever pays them anything is breaking the law.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
There is London weighting that addresses that costs are greater in London.
The costs are greater because market forces rule. I think there should be some intervention to preserve housing in inner London for those that service London i.e. dustmen, shop workers, bus drivers etc.

Illegals by the nature of being illegals are outside the system, the minimum wage doesn't apply. Whoever pays them anything is breaking the law.
Hi

London Weighting is crap and in any event totally irrelevant to costs throughout the UK.

A £34k salary a year in Bradford, Swansea or North Shropshire gives you a completely different standard of living to Bristol, Bath, Reading etc, never mind London.

£34k is the starting salary for a Qualified Officer, £25 k for part Qualified, average is £37k.

Skinflint Kingston Upon Thames are advertising at the moment for part qualified on £28 to £30 an hour.

The Royal Navy are offering this.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/...health-officer

£55k a year after two years.

Equivalent Pay to an Army Major, not bad for a 25 year old who gets their skates on and gets registered.

Get yourself Expert Witness Status and you are quids in.

The Government needs them back, offering £35 an hour, or £65,000 a year full time.

No Pensions, no sick pay, no Holiday pay.

The same Government is advertising via Recruitment Agencies at £135 an hour.

Staff are paid £80 an hour, or £149,000 a year, with the recruitment agencies getting a profit of £102,000 a year per officer.

If anyone an explain the logic of this, please explain it to me.

I am at a complete loss how to do so.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 12:02 AM

Are you saying market forces need regulating ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Are you saying market forces need regulating ?
Hi

Yep.

Not because I think that there is anything wrong with Market Forces.

It is just that I think that there is something seriously wrong with the way we deal with them at the moment.

An example, we cut the standby allowance of the Community Health Psychiatrist at weekends, altered the Contract to save a few thousand a year, so he was not being paid.

He was quite happy with that, more time with his wife and kids.

It is a legal requirement to have one available, so we paid an Agency, they flew in a German Doctor and charged £2,000 a weekend for his services,

That is utter stupidity.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top