Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Colonelgrim
England
Colonelgrim is male 

12-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Re: "The BBC's LIBERAL Agenda"

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! Tpin I should really respond to that but I'm still trying to get over the mental picture of Teresa May and Boris Johnson
Exactly, it's NON story, do you have no imagination(!), I can see them now, Teresa bent over the.... no, stop, too much information, LOL.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:22 AM

I don't think the 'BBC' should be regarded as a single entity.
The British Broadcasting Corporation as the word 'Corporation' suggests is made up of many people of various political persuasions and none so it is logical that some broadcasters will appear 'to have an agenda' from those with opposing opinions.

I take in a variety of news and current affairs programmes starting with the Today programme at 6am on radio 4 so get the whole spectrum of opinion and on the whole consider there to be very little biased opinion from presenters. Of course they play 'devils advocate' that is their job so may appear to be biased if you only hear just one interview.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The BBC sort of lost it when they got some Ladies in to do the Sport reporting.
What's with "Ladies"? No-one ever refers to "gentlemen" doing the sports reports, it is Men and Women.! Other channels also use women reporters too.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Laura Kuenssberg was during her first years with the BBC a very informed , well neutral political correspondent . I admired her a lot.

Then promotion came along , and as with promotion in any other form of business, the women think it includes a personality change and they get very much up their own backside.

The same happened to Laura, maybe in an effort to prove herself, but highly intelligent she maybe, she's almost bloody 'red' with her politics . Ever since the 'Brexit' result, she has manipulated the meaning of words , phrases, by slightly changing the contexts , omitted the truth of explanations, been blatantly obnoxious and rude in interviews. With all this in mind, the head (James Harding)of the News and current affairs on BBC is to leave in the New Year, so we might just get someone who would prefer to have a different approach in guidance to those interviewers who monopolise the interviews through constant barrage and interruptions.

Question Times is another one that has adopted the same manner on rude interruption , to the point of we can't hear the answers above the clatter of teeth.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The BBC sort of lost it when they got some Ladies in to do the Sport reporting.
So agree on the above statement, HA HA Gabby Logan discussing with pro soccer players the finer point of the game, don't make me laugh when did she ever play football on a professional bases....
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Colonelgrim ->
Whats not to understand about our viewpoint, born in 1948 I have seen the growth of the BBC over the years, from the Brains Trust and Muffin the Mule to the namby-pamby shyte they produce today. Casualty (poofs and piss-poor actors), The Apprentice (A failed businessman with a bunch of gobshyte kids), BBC News (biased liberal diatribe), I could go on and on.

I can remember when,

Gay's were locked up.

Trans, there were none, if the medical profession were in any doubt, it was a BOY, end of.

Immigration, there was non just a few onion sellers in the autumn.

Wrongdoers were simply hung.

Enjoy your neo liberalist positions of power, because when we hard Brexit in a few months, you will find a renewed conservative wave will not only sweep through the country, but will change the landscape totally within the BBC.
My point is simple: it seems odd that people proudly sneer at those who want to do good. Presumably they like people who want to do bad.

People just like them?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:20 PM

I think there's a difference between people who do good and 'dogooders'. Dogooders tend to do things to the detriment of others.
Colonelgrim
England
Colonelgrim is male 

12-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
My point is simple: it seems odd that people proudly sneer at those who want to do good. Presumably they like people who want to do bad.

People just like them?
Not at all sure I understand your post, too many good, bad, and ugly people in it for me.

I don’t trust do-gooders, they have an ulterior motive for all their doing’s, and it always financial!

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 01:43 PM

Not at all sure I understand your post, too many good, bad, and ugly people in it for me.

I don’t trust do-gooders, they have an ulterior motive for all their doing’s, and it always financial!

I didn't know you were Belgian, are you leaving us in 2019???
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 02:06 PM

You don't understand my post? Good God man! Give your head a shake!

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top