Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 04:15 PM

Re: My cats and the Christmas tree.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My two pretend to like each other when food is coming. They show their affection by licking each other's head - when they have eaten, they usually end up fighting.
My female is a little piglet. She'll gobble her food, then go over to where Alex is eating and bump him out of the way so she can eat his food as well. I have to keep an eye on them because Alex lets Ally push him out of the way and he just sits back and stares as she tucks into his chow.

All I have to do is say "Ally!" and she backs off because she knows why I'm shouting at her. Then Alex goes back to eating.

She's a menace
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My two pretend to like each other when food is coming. They show their affection by licking each other's head - when they have eaten, they usually end up fighting.
I think fighting's good in some ways.

When they're old enough to go outside, they'll be able to stand up for themselves against next door's cat which, by now, would like to think that our garden is part of his territory.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think fighting's good in some ways.

When they're old enough to go outside, they'll be able to stand up for themselves against next door's cat which, by now, would like to think that our garden is part of his territory.
I hadn't thought of it like that. Yes, I suppose it's a bit of training for them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
My female is a little piglet. She'll gobble her food, then go over to where Alex is eating and bump him out of the way so she can eat his food as well. I have to keep an eye on them because Alex lets Ally push him out of the way and he just sits back and stares as she tucks into his chow.

All I have to do is say "Ally!" and she backs off because she knows why I'm shouting at her. Then Alex goes back to eating.

She's a menace
She sounds typical of her gender.
You never argue with a woman.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
She sounds typical of her gender.
You never argue with a woman.
Very typical. She even bullies the dogs

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top