Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Quiz: retiring overseas

The father of a Canadian friend of mine just retired happily (and inexpensively to Turkey). He's adjusting and liking it very much. She's there visiting now so I'll hear all about it soon.

Today I came across this article:

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/qui...161645951.html

Got a kick out of the question "Are you patient? Will you mind waiting 20 minutes for a 3-minute egg?"

I can't imagine leaving Canada... have you thought of retiring in another country?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Re: Quiz: retiring overseas

My partner and I were going to retire to Spain and bought a house there but since his death last year I don't feel its right for me on my own so am now trying to sell it. A lot of Brits retire to the sun to escape our awful climate as they are getting older.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 10:36 AM

I'm not too fussed about being somewhere hot and If I had no family or relatives I think I would fancy retiring to New Zealand.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Yes I've heard New Zealand is nice as well although a long way to go. I couldn't contemplate an international move with 2 dogs on my own so it will be Norfolk for me for retirement the sooner the better but probably in 2 years time unless my Spanish house sells.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 05:05 PM

I often get nagged by "her indoors" about retiring abroad. She wants to live in Florida, anywhere between the theme parks and the outlet shopping centers.

I keep saying, "Very nice if you can afford it. But we can't". One day she'll listen.

glnwelsh
New Member!
s.wales
glnwelsh is male 

13-03-2013, 09:05 PM

hi there,i can imagine how you might feel about living in spain on your own,but look at what our uk offer's us, rain,rain,snow,high energy costs,
anti - social society, taxing us all way's, me+my partner have talked about
living in spain,but she won't leave her girls (adults) on their own, myself i'd love to move abroad!
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I often get nagged by "her indoors" about retiring abroad. She wants to live in Florida, anywhere between the theme parks and the outlet shopping centers.

I keep saying, "Very nice if you can afford it. But we can't". One day she'll listen.

America is the very last place I would retire to, having looked in depth at their health care, social care, gun laws and general dog-eat-dog society.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Dont think Spain has much to offer now
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Norway or Austria.....for me........I do love Italy too - so I may look into that... - in my dreams...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Im trying at the moment to move to South of France. I live here nearly full time but hubby still has to work and although he works all over the world he is based in the UK.
Im going for the sun shine the better food and better life style and friendlier comunity. Plus many other reasons

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top