Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Re: Painting - DIY or hire a pro?

I do my own painting, the outside doesn't need any painting, it's all PVC.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:25 PM

we usualy do our own but the house will be having mager renonvaion this year
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:45 PM

I used to do my own but now have to rely on Joe!!!The house needs painting this year but dont know if it will get done as the weather is against us.Has its benefits marrying a Toyboy, he is 8 years younger than me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:33 AM

Has any one any ideas regarding wet cicterns, the box over the toilet that holds the water is permanently wet ,its the cold water in the box that hits the warm bathroom.I am fed up with it. wondered if a stone box would be better than a plastic one or are they all the same.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Mowing the lawn and painting are my two least favourite jobs but alas the outside needs repainting again (the house is made of wood) and I have put it off for a couple of years but this year I will have to bite the bullet and once the warmer weather arrives I will start. Hate it but will take it easy now, one wall at a time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 12:33 PM

We have always done our own, but the novelty has now worn off and our son does most of it for us (he's a professional decorator), although in truth it's only maintenance now rather than anything major..
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

We've always done our own. Painting's my department and hanging wallpaper is my OH's.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 10:05 AM

for the last forty years (since when we could first afford it) we've always used professional painters. They do a much better job, faster, and when all the costs are factored in are not that much more expensive than attempting a DIY job.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 12:29 PM

we always do our own decorating, friends of ours had the whole house done by professionals because work comments made it impossible for them to find time themselves.

The work was very average and i could have done better with my eyes closed not forgetting the cost involved.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Has any one any ideas regarding wet cicterns, the box over the toilet that holds the water is permanently wet ,its the cold water in the box that hits the warm bathroom.I am fed up with it. wondered if a stone box would be better than a plastic one or are they all the same.
I must have missed this post the first time around. Annie, I don't think it makes any difference what your cistern is made of. My duaghter's is a solid one, and in winter it seems to be constantly damp and ten times worse when someone has just had a shower. Mine's plastic and its the same. I've just got into the habit of drying it every time I go in the bathroom. Its a bit tedious but it saves it dripping onto the carpet.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top