Join for free
Page 39 of 58 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
With all due respect Jem, I think you are confusing Magnetic Attraction with Gravity [Large Masses attract smaller masses]
Take me and my missus for example.
Don't mind me, I am confused most of the time Robert, can't make head nor tail of science.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:19 PM

bit like a glass of heavy water - drops like a rock through the kidneys!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:26 PM

bit like collecting things ain't it just - gets a bit heavy at times. I've been collecting books for years sometimes cheap at jumble sales - then cd's then dvd's bloody hundreds of them costs me a fortune in shelf space - and I've moved six times so now I'm collecting cardboard boxes and keeping them - just in case I move again!

haven't listened to me cd's for yonks managed to get through heart beat [complete series] twice and that's it - now who on earth shall I bequeath them to cos they are weighing me down!

wonder if anyone collects things in heaven - I hear they have vast libraries up there but none that can fall to dust!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 07:08 PM

I had to get rid of a load of books and video tapes recently Gumbud, the local charity shop called around and collected them for me.

Heaven brings to mind the time we were burying an old school friend. John O’Connor was never very bright at school and turned his hand to petty thieving when he left, while we all went on to find respectable employment he graduated to housebreaking and it became his speciality, however he was taken to the church and the priest began the task of trying to say something good about John, he started off with the usual “In my Fathers house there are many mansions…” I burst out laughing when my mate beside me nudged and said “There won’t be much left in them when John gets there.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 07:50 PM

AHA!

What?

Oh...I thought I'd just seen a tiger with half a bullet in it,wearing a pair of smoking pink wellies as it wrestled a croc egg it'd just stolen through the window of a church it had just burgled.....darn this confusion!
It's brought on by having the track lined with ...well...just imagine Hulk Hogan in knickers...as I attempt to get a 25 ton excavator through the gaps between Victorian prison buildings whilst being harangued by what can only be described as hippos with zits! Trust moi-by comparison,hungry tigers are NADA!

I RESIGN!
Well,I would...but luckily the job has been completed-well,my part has-so I can now move on to...oh,DEEP joy-hmp Eastwood Park!....what the HECK?!?

Apparently,E/P is having a 'leisure complex' built within the razor wire due to a high rate of...well...let's say 'depression'.
I think I'm going to ask for Jem to accompany me on this one,as my personal bodyguard.
Fight off them Wimminz,Jem!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-05-2015, 08:08 PM

Well you know what I always say Pug, God bless the hard workers for where would us old pensioners be without them, keep it up young man, and we thank God you have the strength for it.
That reminds me we might pop over to Galway races on me free pass next week, I hear their giving the pints at half price to pensioners.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-05-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Looks like 2 Leprechauns having a secret smoke to me, Jem.
I like that Gumbud, but no need to hide, Leprechauns are exempt from the smoking ban here, Darby O’Gill, their leader, sent a special delegation to government house pointing out that a Leprechaun without his pipe is like a fish without a tail, tourists would be outraged to come across a pipeless Leprechaun and tourism would suffer greatly, so that was that.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 12:44 AM

Ah,but SURELY,as the Leprechauns are the embodiment of healthy freedom,they'd be puffing on E-pipes,Jem?

After all,those e-pips can do Cherry,Vanilla,or even mint!

Nothing like a kiss from a leprechaun with minty breath,bro!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like that Gumbud, but no need to hide, Leprechauns are exempt from the smoking ban here, Darby O’Gill, their leader, sent a special delegation to government house pointing out that a Leprechaun without his pipe is like a fish without a tail, tourists would be outraged to come across a pipeless Leprechaun and tourism would suffer greatly, so that was that.

The name's Mups

Well if its not the Leprechauns Jem, its two mice racing their Go-Karts. Their tyres don't half burn going round the corners.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-05-2015, 01:29 AM

when I was young living in the "capital of Ireland" of shore - to be sure I was told that there were leprechauns at the bottom of the gardens - but they were in fact rejects from the Emerald Isle. some only had one wellie - others no pipes and then there were the hatless ones - oh a terrible sight to see begorra!

when can I see them I asked the Da - ah well laddie me lad just around dusk if ya sit right quiet and neither make a sound ya will see them down by the cabbage patch. But Da I said we ain't got a cabbage patch or even a garden - well wots dat tree doin down there me laddie says Da pointed to a privet tree sitting in an orange box with soil around - ain't that a garden to be sure to be sure?

and we may plant some cabbages around it next season!

and thus began the start of the "when I was a lad" series!

Page 39 of 58 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top