Join for free
Page 50 of 58 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:18 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Play nicely chums, or I'll take my ball back...........
It's all in good faith RJ... Or As they say in Oz 'No worries mate'
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;656547]
Originally Posted by gumbud ->

We all must take responsibility for the overpopulation, regardless of religion, we all share the same planet. The only humane way of reducing population is to prevent new additions [birth control] some previous occupants have tried alternative methods with disasterous results.

Yes, for the present there will be more older people than younger ones, this is a consequence of the action and must be endured, but as the elderly pass on, there will be less replacements and eventually the population will have decreased. It will take a generation for this to happen.

Or we can go on churning out kids to 'Help England Survive' but you can't buy your way out of the problems facing us in the future. And just for the record, what is wrong with the Islam faith? Muslims have greatly contributed to Britain over the years, the majority want the same things as you or I and are welcome here, same as any other religion. It's more about numbers than faiths.
which robert am I talkin to here I get confused - try Economics 101 for starters - you are rambling again - I suppose that's a consequence of being a runner rambler?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 08:02 AM

Gumbud, I'm using my member name Robert.
Old Grey Fox (I have to say it soz) has muddied the water by naming his topic using his real name (Robert) rather than his member name. As a matter of fact, my real name is Robert too, but I added junior about 10 years ago so I would be unlikely to get confused with other Roberts.
* NB at the last count , there still 11 other Robert Juniors' world wide.

Hey ho, let us get back to more positive subjects.

I don't usually mind having my name given an airing, but not in this context.

Friends Romans Countrymen & all that.

I think I am having one of my stream of consciousness moments.

Is "To be or not to be"" one of the most well known speeches of all time?

or is it "I had a dream"?

or maybe "We shall fight them on the beaches..."

...............................?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 10:41 AM

Morning RJ,
In order to try and resolve the issue with the names, I have wrote to the powers that be if it would be possible to change my thread title to 'Bob's Bits' instead.

Most people know me as 'Bob' anyway.

I started writing a history of my running career a couple of years back, perhaps for the next generation of my family, and in case I lose my marbles and forget.
It was called 'Robert's Bits' and after joining a forum I thought it would make a good title for a journal.

I'm sorry if I seem to have hijacked your name Robert, and we can perhaps resolve it without too much trouble...I don't suppose my ramblings will ever be confused for your excellent contributions.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 02:54 PM

I have to say I never had a problem distinguishing between the two Roberts, Robert Junior said a long time back that he preferred RJ so I'm just honouring his wishes, The Old Grey Fox is a great user name but a bit long to have to type every time so I just refer to him as Robert, he hasn't pulled me up about it yet so I presumed it was OK. God help yez if you were all Jimmys, there's millions of us.
Peace be with you all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:19 PM

What's another Year.

With nearly seven decades under me belt
And no beer belly the last time I felt
Me legs are as fresh as a two year old Filly
No step to high and no hill too hilly
’Though climbing is not to my liking
Neither is camping or hiking
Rather stay in a warm springy bed
Where I hope I’ll be found dead.
Well that’s the story so far
I’ll leave you now cos I’m off for a jar.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have to say I never had a problem distinguishing between the two Roberts, Robert Junior said a long time back that he preferred RJ so I'm just honouring his wishes, The Old Grey Fox is a great user name but a bit long to have to type every time so I just refer to him as Robert, he hasn't pulled me up about it yet so I presumed it was OK. God help yez if you were all Jimmys, there's millions of us.
Peace be with you all.
You can call me what you like Jem, as long as you don't call me in late for me dinner....

That's some awesome poetry there Jem...

It's nice to revert back to my friendly name, only the judge calls me 'Robert'
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 10:25 PM

...and I'm called Pug-and have been for 40+ years now-because when I first joined 45 RMC,they discovered I'd been in the Merchant Navy and instantly christened me 'Pugwash'.
Then they realised just how ugly I really am,so it became Pug.....sigh...
Our local copper,my doctor,my boss and even the local magistrate,all know me as Pug.
It must be easily 15 years since I was last addressed by my given name-which I've forgotten.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

26-05-2015, 01:22 PM

And a very fine handle it is too Pug, it’s clear you carry it with pride and rightly so.
Now that that’s sorted out, I hope I’m not putting a spanner in the works, but I’ve just asked the Admin could he change my name to my grandfathers home town in county Kildare, in loving memory of him, it’s a beautiful little place called 'Robertstown’ Ha,ha,ha!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

26-05-2015, 09:40 PM

Who's Roger?
I’m hearing a lot of “OK I’ll Roger that” in films where communication with pilots and their base are concerned, also police patrol cars seem to be doing their fair share of ‘Rogering’ too. Who is this Roger chap they all speak of? Roger Rabbit? If one is a crook how does one know when one has been Rogered? if it means nothing then why do they say it? would it not be simpler to say “Alright I’ll do that” why do people have to complicate things? is the world not complicated enough as it is? (takes another mouthful of port and sighs)

Page 50 of 58 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top