Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 07:49 PM

How The Biased BBC Operates

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-b...an-experiment/

Very interesting read.

It would be foolish in the extreme to take anything the BBC puts out with any degree of credibility imho.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Re: How The Biased BBC Operates

Having just listened to the BBC news, an opinion was given on the effects of 'no-deal' and tariffs on sheep and cars mentioned.
Yet again no positive aspects were mentioned but I have come to realise that is the norm with the BBC.
Let’s recall the benefits of ‘No Deal’ – a WTO-based Brexit could yield the UK £80 billion per year
https://brexitcentral.com/lets-recal...lion-per-year/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:49 PM

.Don’t get me started on this disgraceful media platform.

How can anyone have even an iota of respect for this publicly funded organisation that the public are forced to pay £3.8 billion a year in licence fees annuallly, when they are so blatant with their non-compliance of impartiality,and using left-wing propaganda instead of just reporting the news.

I noticed how left wing this organisation was since the Gulf War in 2003. It became even worse when the Tories came to power in 2010, My God, they deserve a medal for the most wailing about misery created by Government cuts in benefits.They outdid themselves though with their attacks on the Tories Universal Credit, brought in to simplify the welfare system by rolling all payments into one. Of course, it had its flaws, but the way the BBC reported it, one would think claimants were destitute as a result of UC. It wheeled on individual cases of hardship and sob stories, only for each of these to be later found to be totally untrue. That certainly didn’t seem to bother the BBC.

Anyone remember that sob story about the Headmistress who last year, publicised the fact that because of the financial crisis in education, said: “I’ve personally cleaned the school, washed the toilets, and served in the canteen, it’s a huge amount of cuts in schools on an everyday basis and it’s a generation of children paying the price for austerity”
Guess what? The BBC just happened to forget to mention that her cash-strapped school had enough money to give her a £10,000 pay rise last year, taking her salary to between £125,000 to 130,000. Rather than being cut, the school’s cleaning budget grew by 90% to £57,000. Oh, and her school recently took on extra staff, including nine “administrative and supporters” workers, while it also benefited from the huge £15million ‘educational development grant. Cleaning my a...e!
Where was any mention of this at the BBC. You guessed it.,

I haven’t mentioned Brexit because this topic has already been discussed on OFF. Let’s just say that this establishment is so stuffed full of “progressive” urban, arts graduates with a left-wing political leaning, that importance such as Brexit will only ever be seen one way, The Left-Wing way.
One only has to note how it encourages every topical show to gripe about the Tories at every opportunity.

Truth be told, the BBC has long given up on any pretense of impartiality,

Still, it has at least signed its own death certificate by betraying the public it serves by the most vile, disgraceful act of making the over 75’s not on pension credit, pay for their television licences.
How they are going to make the elderly with Dementia and other serious illnesses pay up for a licence is ridiculous. It will be nigh impossible. Once this happens, I see subscription services as the next step for these greedy BBC Bosses who at the same time as picking on our most vulnerable, think nothing of lavishing spending of public money to over the hill B List celebrities in jobs that any numpty could do for quarter of the money they get for doing literally nothing except read an autocue and chat.

I truly hope they get what they deserve. They are an utter disgrace, but hopefully, the BBC Licence fee is one that is on Boris’s CULL LIST! We can only hope.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Three times this week the BBC have mentioned 'The British car industry".... what British car industry???
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 02:04 PM

The BBC has a long, long dodgy history of harbouring paedophiles, sex pests and perverts. They covered up for Jimmy Savile for years, also Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris and the rest of the perverts that worked for them, paying them big salaries while the management turned a blind eye.

Then there was the Nick Ross scandal (that nobody noticed) and why he was booted off Crimewatch and then the murder of Jill Dando.

The 2017 General Election was a disgrace, the way the BBC promoted Cult Corbyn and took every opportunity to try and derail UKIP and the Tories while mongering Project Fear, all the while taking millions in EU funding for promoting the EU nonsense that we voted to leave.

The times I've heard the term "despite Brexit" for every morsel of good news this bullshit organisation reports, then counters it with a good lashing of remain fodder thats based on wild speculation by the likes of Phil Hammond, Dominc Grieve, Anna Soubry, then allowing the weekly ambushing of Brexiteers on Question Time and constantly letting the remainers talk over them.

The BBC is a platform that has not been relevant since Amazon Prime, Netflix and Youtube came along.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 04:57 PM

It sounds like the 'art of deception' is alive and kicking.

Journalism has been a subject studied by many in recent years at our Universities.
The reporting in general has plummeted in my opinion , spelling, grammar, factual errors, but I suppose they have to be given employment to gain their experience. Some of the reporting is abysmal.

The BBC is being criticized by many , but we still watch it. Sky isn't much better, and we are controlled on what we see and hear . No real truths coming out of foreign affairs, only what we are allowed to know or twisted tales . BBC are a disgrace. Controlled ? Don't know, but definitely politically active which is not what we pay our license fees for. Would we pay towards a political party of Remainers ? No, I wouldn't .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:39 PM

no deal brexit civil unrest

.. all in the same sentence ... BBC news ticker tape.

I don't thinks so somehow. No brexit at all = civil unrest.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:50 PM

It's a joke. Something else they can latch onto by grabbing a couple of anti-brexit supporters.

The fact that Welsh lamb is classed as the best in the world and thus why the EU pay such high prices for it, means we can't afford to buy it any longer.

The Brits will eat it given half a chance. Besides, UK signed a deal with Japan for lamb exports in January this year. No tariffs. UK lamb has been banned since 1990's due to the BSE.

My only wish is that I hope the trade of exporting live meat as permitted by the EU, stops as the live animals got to the first country of export in the EU and from then on nobody really knows where they end up... with horrendous journeys in heat without water for days on end. Same happens with the horses transported all over the continent by Poland , for slaughter possibly without any restrictive laws in place.

Johnson did say he would focus on animal welfare, I hope this is an issue that is at the top of his list.

As you say.. no Brexit means big trouble !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top