Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Re: What Class Are You?

At school I was always bottom of the class....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 06:08 PM

I decided to do the test but realised if I win the Lotto which is my
aim it will change but I will stay the same in my mind. Richer so dont think
I will bother anymore. You are who you are but can go up if you want
to. Had to laugh at another site I go on and someone who is extremely
funny, put 8 states of class and I preferred the 8th one which he made up to any of the others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
At school I was always bottom of the class....
You're on 'form' today Barry (a little 'school humour there)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
You're on 'form' today Barry (a little 'school humour there)
You certainly taught me a lesson there Pats...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote Mick. Personally I still think there are only two important classes - the ultra rich and the rest of us!
That's just about the size of it Mick from what I see. I won't have to do the test, I know what I am and I'm happy to be amongst "The rest of us."
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Is'nt it a site for the goverment just to find out more about us ? They just want to see if they can squeeze a little more out of us all. I have not looked at it and I really dont care what class Im in, its just for the rich to feel better about them selves and the poor to feel worse....
Isn't that the whole point of the class system though Baggy - to ensure everyone knows their place? Why it still persists is beyond me, you'd have thought we'd have evolved past that standpoint wouldn't you. Ah, Britain: the modern, progressive country; methinks not.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If I had done the questionnaire 10 years ago when both I and Terry were still working, we would have been "Established Middle Class" - 10 years on, Terry can't work through her disabilities and I'm retired and we are now mere "Emergent Service Workers"
In 2006 I'd have been rated "Established Middle Class" as well. Now the house and job I enjoyed are gone, along with my savings. I'm going through the long process of qualifying for disability benefits, living with my married daughter. I'm in the same class as a Tibetan monk and perhaps Mother Teresa might be... but I'm living within my means, and I'm ok. Nice that my Established Middle Class friends haven't abandoned me. We still meet for coffee and brunch, share stories, and enjoy each others' company.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Good luck with the DLA! I know what an ordeal that can be. I'm lucky in that I had a fairly well paid job and get a reasonable pension, but we struggle occasionally.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Is "Church Mouse" a category on that survey?.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top