Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 08:02 AM

Re: What Class Are You?

Does it matter? We are who we are; it is how we are each day that matters and we have all met the rather posh, not so nice and the person with less who will give all.

My biggest concern are the generation of 'don't care about anyone but me!' Doesn't matter about their class, not very nice people at all.

Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-04-2013, 12:43 PM

The real elite aren't 'posh' and don't have airs and graces as I know from experience. When I was a child the next property to ours was owned by a cousin of The Queen, when we took tea with her she was a very down to earth lady indeed. It is the people who fancy themselves as the elite, but aren't in actuality, who act in a 'posh' way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 12:54 PM

I think I am in a class of my own , there doesn't seem to be one for an impoverished recluse

I played around with the test which to me seems limited and flawed. The main priority determining the 'classes' seems to be based on how much income you have.
Therefore anyone retired or in ill health and living on a small income is going to fall into a 'low' category regardless of their previous status or achievements.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Oh Meg - I love that - in a class of me own
I'll join that one
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Oh Meg - I love that - in a class of me own
I'll join that one
Pats you can't or you won't be on your own you need to start you own class
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Pats = 'I'm in a class 2 - of me own '
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
The real elite aren't 'posh' and don't have airs and graces as I know from experience. When I was a child the next property to ours was owned by a cousin of The Queen, when we took tea with her she was a very down to earth lady indeed. It is the people who fancy themselves as the elite, but aren't in actuality, who act in a 'posh' way.
Some have 'airs an graces' some dont. Same goes for all classes and races - some are better than others. You get the 'rough' whatever they may be - aint that right....?
Although I'm not too sure on 'Romanians' - na - theres got to be some good there too.....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 05:20 PM

On my dad's side, several generations back, I have Romani (gypsy) roots. Since he passed away, however, my mother now denies this and looks quite uncomfortable if it's mentioned. What nice family admits to gypsy ancestors? One of my daughters recently watched the Gypsy Caravan movie and loved it. Besides the music, she said it did much to dispel the myths around the Roma people. Hoping to rent it myself soon.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Annie - theres Romanians and Romani gypsies. A lot has changed today across the board of class. We have a weekly show on gypsies and I'm sure the ones that have passed would turn in their grave. Then of course there are fantastic gypsies who stick to the old ways... Each class and race have their 'not so good side'....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Annie - theres Romanians and Romani gypsies. A lot has changed today across the board of class. We have a weekly show on gypsies and I'm sure the ones that have passed would turn in their grave. Then of course there are fantastic gypsies who stick to the old ways... Each class and race have their 'not so good side'....
Ah, yes - sorry, I wasn't confusing Romanians with the Roma - just that one triggered thoughts of the other. My mind jumps around at times.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top