Join for free
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

I had an amazing night at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry last night. Back in January my beautiful, amazing daughter Nique bought me tickets for Bruce Springsteen. Yesterday was the day.....

What an amazing performance. I first saw him in November '75 at Hammersmith, and again in July '85 at Wembley. It's hard to believe it's 38 years since I first saw him and he's lost none of his energy, commitment and sheer joy in performance. He sang 30 songs in a three and a half hour show with barely a breath in between songs - as the chords faded in one song, he was straight in with One Two Three Four and off again. I wish I still had that kind of energy!

It was a performance tinged with sadness too, given the recent deaths of two of his most influential band members - Big Man Clarence Clemons, and keyboard player Danny Federici. There were some tears shed during "Tenth Avenue Freezeout" which featured a video tribute to Clarence and Danny. It is a tribute to the friendship within the band that after 40+ years, apart from those who have sadly died, the original members are still going strong - Roy Bittan, Steve Van Zandt, Nils Lofgren, Gary Tallent and Max Weinberg.

A wonderful night - and it was lovely to be at a rock concert where my age-group was in the majority for a change!!

BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Re: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Wow, great night for you. Love Rock Concerts. Not seen Bruce before. Surprised as for some reason I didn't know that Nils Lofgren was part of that band. New to me so happy to take in new information.
Glad you enjoyed your concert.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nils as its birthday today born
21st June 1951.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Yeah - it says something about Springsteen's charisma and the respect in which he is held by other musicians that someone like Nils Lofgren, who was a rock star in his own right, should also be a longterm member of the E Street Band.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 09:05 AM

Oh lucky you, I'd give my eye teeth ( if I had any) to be riding in a Pink Cadillac' with Bruce baby!, I used to worship him but never got to any of his concerts The last live concert I went to was Phil Collins in 1985 here in Oz
MickB
London UK

23-06-2013, 09:59 AM

If you ever get the chance Maggis, go for it! You won't be disappointed - his shows are unbelievably good. At 63, he makes most young pop stars look like wimps - he has so much energy and enthusiasm.

Angel
Chatterbox
Oxfordshire, UK
Angel is female 

01-07-2013, 04:05 PM

Have been to two Bruce Springsteen concerts, the first was the Born In The USA tour and the second was the Tunnel Of Love concert, both at Wembley and both concerts were absolutely fantastic. Bruce Springsteen and all the E. Street Band give 100% performances. So sad that Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici died but so good that Bruce and the E.Street Band are still thrilling us with their live stage shows.

Bruce Springsteen really rocks!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top