Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:00 PM

Anya

It is very difficult to write these words....
A week ago today, our beautiful Anya (Dreamcatcher of Wolf Point) left us. Out of the blue, she had had a bad seizure the week before. She had seemed to have recovered almost immediately, but we rushed her down to the vets anyway where she had a battery of tests. She was due to go back a week later for a full ultrasound scan. Last Monday morning, however, we were woken by Simi's (our Leonberger) "alarm" bark to find that Anya was in the throes of another seizure. Again she seemed to recover, drank some water, ate some walnut cake and lay down to rest. An hour later she had a further seizure, but this one didn't stop and by the time we got her to the emergency vet, she had been in seizure for two hours getting worse all the time. This gave us and the vet little choice and we made the heartbreaking decision to let her go. She passed away peacefully in the arms of those who loved her most. We are all totally devastated by this latest blow in what has so far been a terrible year for our family.
Anya will be missed, not just by those privileged to share their lives with her, but also by everyone whose lives she touched in any way. She was a very, very special lady. She had a successful showing career and liked to run in harness (when she could be prised from the sofa). Her work with The Starlight Foundation was legendary and she could be trusted completely to remain calm, affectionate and safe with children of any age, disability or illness. As a supermodel posing for photos at SHWA fundraisers she had no equal and her calm personality and beautiful crooked smile will remain in our memory always. She wasn't a rescue dog, but she raised a lot of money for her less fortunate fellow huskies.
Run free little beauty

Anya - Dreamcatcher of Wolf Point 1/6/2005 to 20/4/2014

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:05 PM

Re: Anya

I'm so very sorry for your loss Mick I know from experience nothing we say will make it feel any better but I do understand I really do.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:24 PM

I offer you my deepest condolences. I know how it is to lose a beloved 4 legged family member... and they are just that... aren't they? But know in your heart that she had a wonderful life with you and that in the very end, you gave Anya the most precious final act of kindness. You ended her suffering surrounded by those she loved most. She will be there waiting across the rainbow bridge.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:32 PM

I'm so sorry Mick. She looks so relaxed with the children, a very sad loss indeed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:38 PM

So very sad to hear this Mick - she was a beautiful dog inside and out ....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:55 PM

I am sorry for your loss - she was certainly a beautiful dog. Her footprints will stay in your heart.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 02:26 PM

That's so very very sad, but I'm glad she had a good life with you and helped so many others. It's so hard, but you know you did the right thing for her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
That's so very very sad, but I'm glad she had a good life with you and helped so many others. It's so hard, but you know you did the right thing for her.

I can only echo what others have said Mick. We've all been there, and it never gets any easier no matter how many times we've had to do it.
Treasure your memories and the dogs you still have.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 02:54 PM

I'm so very sorry to read this, Mick - Anya was such a beautiful dog and it is easy to see from your photos the happiness she brought to the children who met her.

Sleep peacefully beautiful girl .... x
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 03:57 PM

How sad.

Such a beautiful dog and much loved pet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top