Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Re: The forgotten bass player

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I've built up quite a collection - mostly bargains picked up at car boot sales. I've got a lovely Yamaha classical acoustic, a Wesley acoustic, an Ovation roundback acoustic/electric, a beautiful Ibanez 12 string acoustic which my wife bought me for a 60th birthday present 9 years ago, a Tanglewood acoustic and a Jon Eastmond acoustic resonator guitar handbuilt by a friend. In addition I have a Gibson SE copy electric and an Encore Coaster Bass. My latest acquisition is a Squier Stratocaster (Fender copy) which I picked up in a charity shop for £5. It wasn't working, but I ordered a complete pickguard complete with pickups from Amazon for the princely sum of £11.75, put on some new strings and now I have a very playable strat for under £25.

I'm down to two these days - lowest number ever.

I finally settled on a Squire Tele (white with maple neck) and an Epiphone 335 dot.

As I don't gig anymore, I'm just using a Vox VT20 Valvetronix amp.

I actually hate to think how many guitars I've had over the years. I had a couple of Gibsons, but found them disappointing at the price point. Had several USA Strats as well, but settled on a MIJ Strat - it was better than the US ones.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->

I actually hate to think how many guitars I've had over the years. I had a couple of Gibsons, but found them disappointing at the price point. Had several USA Strats as well, but settled on a MIJ Strat - it was better than the US ones.
I must admit, I've been amazed at the quality of my £25 Strat - wonderfully playable and a lovely sound.
I've got a couple of amps, but rarely use them - an Ashton and a Stagg. I've got a small digital studio setup and usually play through that, listening to the output on headphones.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 08:58 PM

This is the Tele I'm using Mick. A1 for the price.
It did take a bit of setting up though. I had to adjust the neck and lower the action, but thereafter it's great.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/squier-affi...1UyhoCepXw_wcB

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top