Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 09:22 AM

Re: Oh dear, the EU is not having all its own way.

Human rights the environment and food production.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Doesn't everybody get bored to tears with Flickers morning lesson about how wonderful the EU is and how we will regret our decision?
The decision has been made, by a democratic vote, so it is going to happen! Discussing it with her is just an argument and neither her, or us, are going to change the fact they we are leaving. It is as pathetic as a discussion on what caused WW2, because nobody can change what happened.... as we can't with this, now Article 50 has been triggered!
The more organized people are waiting to see the changes that our decision creates and considering what we can do to help, rather than trying to prove who knows best... that is a children's game!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And that's not off the cards but we needed to prove we could rid ourselves of top layer of government before many believed we could do it. We are on the way may not be this generation does it but next generation could.
Itīs the next generation who wanted to stay in the EU. According to some reports 1.5 million people regretted their out vote the very next day. I wouldnīt be too sure the next generation will thank you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0d25711498bb5
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Doesn't everybody get bored to tears with Flickers morning lesson about how wonderful the EU is and how we will regret our decision?
The decision has been made, by a democratic vote, so it is going to happen! Discussing it with her is just an argument and neither her, or us, are going to change the fact they we are leaving. It is as pathetic as a discussion on what caused WW2, because nobody can change what happened.... as we can't with this, now Article 50 has been triggered!
The more organized people are waiting to see the changes that our decision creates and considering what we can do to help, rather than trying to prove who knows best... that is a children's game!
No I get bored with people telling me how wonderful it is going to be.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
No I get bored with people telling me how wonderful it is going to be.
Well I have never told you that! There may be some tough times, anybody with half a brain knew that, but retaining our sovereignty means that we wont become a huge country like the USA.... where it is impossible to do the best for the majority of the people.
We were an asset to the EU... otherwise they would have let us quietly slip away!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Itīs the next generation who wanted to stay in the EU. According to some reports 1.5 million people regretted their out vote the very next day. I wouldnīt be too sure the next generation will thank you.

I'm never sure who they ask most of the young I know are ready to grasp the opportunity after a minor panic at first. They don't know anything but the Eu at the moment once we are out they will see how we can go on without it.

At first it was necessary to explain we aren't leaving Europe just the eu and that people moved around Europe prior to eu and will do again once we are out.

I think campaign fear did a good job.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I used to read some of her posts, but always scroll past the nonsense now.

The frog woman, like the fish woman, is just a boring cracked record.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

And still the whingeing remainiacs won't accept a democratic decision!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 10:51 AM

I certainly get bored with her, Twink, banging on.
Why can"t she just leave it be , it is happening .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm never sure who they ask most of the young I know are ready to grasp the opportunity after a minor panic at first. They don't know anything but the Eu at the moment once we are out they will see how we can go on without it.

At first it was necessary to explain we aren't leaving Europe just the eu and that people moved around Europe prior to eu and will do again once we are out.

I think campaign fear did a good job.
Hi

I agree with most of what you say Julie.

However I have to disagree about freedom of movement within the EU.

The UK is putting restrictions on EU Citizens coming to live or work here.

It is an inevitable consequence of this that the EU will do the same to UK Citizens wishing to live and work in the EU.

I can quite understand the concerns of the large number of retirees from the UK who live in the EU.

There are currently reciprocal tax arrangements in place for many types of Pensions, in particular State Pensions and some Public Service Pensions.

This means that many UK citizens pay UK taxes on these and our personal taxes are much lower than those in many EU Countries, in particular, we have a very large tax free allowance.

Not many French or Spanish people retire to the UK, but many UK Citizens retire to France and Spain.

It is not in the interests of those Countries to continue these arrangements.

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top