Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:50 PM

Instincts

I have been keeping an eye on a new born foal in a field I pass several times a week. I have been watching him steadily grow and fill out, dear little chap he is.

I watched him suckling his Mum and marvelled at how young creatures know instinctively where to get food. It got me thinking.

I really do think it is incredible how we are all designed to create and support it.
The way the foals mother has teats/udder full of a perfectly balanced formula, served at exactly the right temperature in perfect quantities for him to grow and thrive.
Then the length of his young legs and neck perfectly designed to reach this nourishment easily and without effort.

I pondered on to wonder about our instincts.
Do we develop more instincts as we mature, or are all our instincts there from birth, we just learn how to use them as we mature?

Are our instincts much the same as animals? I suppose they are in the way, regarding survival, feeding and flight in times of terror.
Is fear an instinct or an emotion, would you say?

Funny what you think when you are driving along on your own isn't it, all this from seeing the little foal feeding today.

I think I'd better go before you all think I have gone a bit doo-lally.
Night night world.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 07:42 AM

Re: Instincts

Mups , your a woman after my own heart , I get these same feelings about life and things , it's wonderful to wonder isn't it . In fact what an amazing world we live in , isn't she just beautiful , when you think she gives us absolutely everything we need to live , there is nothing she doesn't offer us , she is just awesome isn't she , look at the stars that twinkle and the moon and the sun , the lakes and seas , I could ponder on and on but you already know . Enjoy your little foal as he grows up .

Words of wisdom once said to me " restore to me my capacity for wonder " , I hope I never lose that ability

P.s. hope you slept well
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:02 AM

Hi

No pondering required.

Males are fascinated by boobs from day one.

When I took Son to see his little sister for the first time, he went to the feeding room with Mum.

His first words were, there are some big huge boobies in there Dad.

He was nearly 3 years old.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Mups , your a woman after my own heart , I get these same feelings about life and things , it's wonderful to wonder isn't it . In fact what an amazing world we live in , isn't she just beautiful , when you think she gives us absolutely everything we need to live , there is nothing she doesn't offer us , she is just awesome isn't she , look at the stars that twinkle and the moon and the sun , the lakes and seas , I could ponder on and on but you already know . Enjoy your little foal as he grows up .

Words of wisdom once said to me " restore my capacity for wonder " , I hope I never lose that ability

P.s. hope you slept well
I test the ability to "Wonder" every morning.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Fear is an instinct, inbuilt in all creatures, although some is passed on by the parents, or learnt, why are some people scared of spiders? or snakes, that is probably learnt behavior, some animals young have never seen a predator, but instinctively know to stay silent when one is around.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Fear is an instinct, inbuilt in all creatures, although some is passed on by the parents, or learnt, why are some people scared of spiders? or snakes, that is probably learnt behavior, some animals young have never seen a predator, but instinctively know to stay silent when one is around.

Yes, you're right Primus. I think it's so interesting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-10-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Words of wisdom once said to me " restore to me my capacity for wonder " , I hope I never lose that ability

P.s. hope you slept well

Thank you for your lovely post too, Susan.
I agree so much about the hi-lighted bit too.

I also like: William Wordsworth, saying: ... "What's our life,: If full of care: You have no time: To stop and stare?"

It is quicker and easier to walk on by, instead of wondering for a few minutes. So sad.

Getting back to instincts though, they probably keep us alive, yet are frequently ignored. Same as our 'gut feelings.'
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you for your lovely post too, Susan.
I agree so much about the hi-lighted bit too.

I also like: William Wordsworth, saying: ... "What's our life,: If full of care: You have no time: To stop and stare?"

It is quicker and easier to walk on by, instead of wondering for a few minutes. So sad.

Getting back to instincts though, they probably keep us alive, yet are frequently ignored. Same as our 'gut feelings.'
I think you are dead right there Mups.
Whenever I meet someone new for the very first time my instincts tell me whether or not I think that particular person in a good soul, or a risshole.
I usually find that my first instinct was right over time.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Its the fight or flight mode , we can instantly assess a situation and make an instant decision, do we run or stay and fight, animals have the same instincts, although it can be overridden, animals in the mating season for example, will always chance it and try and get to the females, if the dominant male is not looking,( deer spring to mind) in humans it can be trained out of us, soldiers are trained not to run in combat situations, (unless of course the situation is completely hopeless), same with emergency services, they normally run towards danger, all due to training and possibly a sense of duty, it doesn't mean ,of course that they are not scared, although it doesn't explain the ordinary citizens who help out in extremely dangerous situations, putting themselves in harms way, animals, however will either fight or preferably run away, unless they have young, then another instinct kicks in.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have been keeping an eye on a new born foal in a field I pass several times a week. I have been watching him steadily grow and fill out, dear little chap he is.

I watched him suckling his Mum and marvelled at how young creatures know instinctively where to get food. It got me thinking.

I really do think it is incredible how we are all designed to create and support it.
The way the foals mother has teats/udder full of a perfectly balanced formula, served at exactly the right temperature in perfect quantities for him to grow and thrive.
Then the length of his young legs and neck perfectly designed to reach this nourishment easily and without effort.

I pondered on to wonder about our instincts.
Do we develop more instincts as we mature, or are all our instincts there from birth, we just learn how to use them as we mature?

Are our instincts much the same as animals? I suppose they are in the way, regarding survival, feeding and flight in times of terror.
Is fear an instinct or an emotion, would you say?

Funny what you think when you are driving along on your own isn't it, all this from seeing the little foal feeding today.

I think I'd better go before you all think I have gone a bit doo-lally.
Night night world.
Think you've gone doolally?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top