Join for free
Page 13 of 26 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

Originally Posted by Cuddly Mick ->
Are you referring to me??????
Seeing as I originally posted this June 29 & it seems you've joined on the same date(?), then I hardly think so
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Mick ->
I think I should put the record straight...My Wife Mavis of 53 years is terminally ill and I'm not interested in anyone else so those off you who took my "Friendly Banter" the wrong way should back off...I have a few friends on here who "Get me" so I'll stick with them
Luv
Mick
PS you should start the Singles Site
I am deeply sorry about your wife
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I agree it could be good for the singles on here as many of them like flirting anyway. Let's hope there's no spillover from a dating site onto here. I don't mean to sound like a church lady, what I mean is, we've already been through a battle of sorts lately with some crudeness. I realize its better for a site to keep having new members joining all the time, but if the dating possibilities can't find anyone on their area, these members may begin bothering people here with out & out suggestiveness or we'll be going through what we all just went through. Am I making sense?
No no and no
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

03-07-2014, 06:20 PM

Oh well, I understand it but it's passé now.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 06:23 PM

Azz GO FOR IT! You have obviously thought a great deal about the idea and researched other sites. There is obviously a need for dating sites as there are so many. Yes it is about making money...and why on earth not...a lot of hard work goes into any successful business as I know only too well. Regrettably I cannot offer any ideas, tips etc...as I do not have experience of a dating site. However, I would say I may try it out but would have to be given assurance my private details were safe (sure you will have looked into this area).
I wish you good luck and as one of our members has already said "nothing ventured nothing gained". I admire you for taking the risk many others wouldn't.
Cuddly Mick
Oxford ish
Cuddly Mick is male 

03-07-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Seeing as I originally posted this June 29 & it seems you've joined on the same date(?), then I hardly think so
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

03-07-2014, 06:54 PM

No problems Mick, wish you the best & I am sorry about Mavis, that's terrible.

Thanks for the chat!
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 08:05 PM

I have no personal interest in a dating site but if the majority wish it then it's fine by me. My main interest is photography and don't usually visit many of the other posts. There is another site that I am aware of called Buzz and they have a dating section, they have lots of sections, but they keep pushing the dating section which I didn't agree with so I left.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

03-07-2014, 08:11 PM

Agree, plus membership fees (oops sorreee)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 08:16 PM

If we're thinking of the same site then I am not surprised - as they use the white-label dating set-up that I referred to in another post; with a month's membership costing £25

We will never use our PMs to get people to join the dating site. We'll probably just have a link in the orange bar at the top pointing to 'over 50s dating' and maybe a small graphic in the side with the other sister sites and maybe where we have the 'tell your friends' graphic.

It will be mentioned, but we won't be bombarding members to join. Besides, it will be very useable in it's free form

Page 13 of 26 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top