Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 08:53 PM

Re: Funerals

I'm the same as Carol, I don't like the idea of being cremated. My husband and I will be buried in a plot side by side so we can rest our weary bones together forever and ever Amen.

I would like a grand affair for a funeral with horse and carriage to carry my coffin and I like to think people will be sad I've gone and they remember me with fondness, does that sound bad?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 08:58 PM

Once I thought I would like a horse carriage too now I don’t care anymore . They will be few people at my funeral just my boys and grandchildren .My friends are scattered over the world and some are older than me .Most of my real friends have been of the four legged variety.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:31 AM

I much prefer the idea of being cremated, the idea of being a rotting corpse in a grave is revolting. Besides which, burials take up valuable space, which could be put to much better use, imo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 09:49 AM

What better use?
Bodies return to the earth nothing bad about that
Cemeteries provide valuable green spaces in towns which give homes to wildlife and nature .
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What better use?
Bodies return to the earth nothing bad about that
Cemeteries provide valuable green spaces in towns which give homes to wildlife and nature .
Really?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 11:05 AM

Hi

I have an estranged daughter and a son with Epilepsy.

I want something simple, nothing for them to do at all.

I am gone, that is that, with no fuss at all and everything organised at minimal cost.

The family I am still in contact with know and accept this.

I do not want anyone to grieve for me or be upset.

Death is inevitable, it is a natural thing, here one minute, gone the next.

It will be totally inconsequential, as was my life, in the grand scheme of things.

He is Dead, Dad, Sibling ,Colleague.

No fuss, no bother, no need to be sad and he has paid for a meal out for all of us, wherever we want.

Not a bad way to go in my view.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Really?
Yes really a large town cemetery near where my son lives deer foxes and rabbits come in frequently and are welcomed despite the fact that they eat the flowers .
In my own village the church years is a site of scientific interest because of the fauna it has it also has deer and other wildlife that visit .

https://www.countryfile.com/wildlife...tish-wildlife/
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 11:39 AM

Yes I have a fully paid for funeral plan and no I don’t want anything except my body to be taken off and cremated .
RJG
UK

18-04-2021, 11:49 AM

If people insist on a burial it should be in a woodland setting where the corpse can be composted down and trees planted on top of it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I much prefer the idea of being cremated, the idea of being a rotting corpse in a grave is revolting. Besides which, burials take up valuable space, which could be put to much better use, imo.
Rather have a cemetery nearby than a golf course......!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top