Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: Robert Plant & Jimmmy Page in Court

Niceee. I am a fan of all music particularly 60, 70's.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 03:54 PM

They should settle out of court on this one....those intros are just the same and the jury will agree, the award is sure to be at lease twice the amount they could have settled for.....remember where you heard it first.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
They should settle out of court on this one....those intros are just the same and the jury will agree, the award is sure to be at lease twice the amount they could have settled for.....remember where you heard it first.
1971 but I can't remember where it was.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 04:54 PM

Sometimes things are lost in translation I fear !
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Sometimes things are lost in translation I fear !
Oh I know
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 05:04 PM

What you mean Malcom x
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
What you mean Malcom x
I mean remember where you heard my prediction of the outcome of the trial first not the bl**dy song ! Goldie x
Goldielocks
Spain

12-04-2016, 07:37 PM

Malcolm are you just a pussy cat really. All that front purr purr x
graculus
Yorkshire

12-04-2016, 08:21 PM

Been a long time, been a long long lonely time. I always though it was "She's buying a terrace in Batley," but there you go. Childish stupidity.

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 10:25 PM

As a guitarist, I think this is a hard one to call really.

I'll try to explain as best possible after a few glasses of wine...

It's a natural chord progression. In other words, start with the opening chord and it almost naturally leads to the others. An easy example perhaps, is if something is written in G, don't be surprised to hear A,D,E, Em etc in the same track.

I can still remember a lot of STH and just picked up my guitar and had a play. If I was writing a song and using that chord progression, it would not be difficult to end up with STH almost naturally.

Another example would be the Oasis track "Cigarettes & Alcohol". Many think they nicked a riff in that track from T.Rex "Get it on".

I'm not so sure. Again, if I were using those chords, combined with the nature of that track, the riff almost naturally fits, so you could come up with it quite easily and without ever having heard the T.Rex track.

In a nutshell, I would not want to have to make a call if I were on the jury. I think I'd have to go with insufficient evidence and find Led Zep innocent.

Mileage may differ of course.......

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top