Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was about to ask, Why does anybody care? aren't they just another foreign owned car company?

If conditions are right for them they will come back but if they don't you can always buy a better Japanese, Thai or Korean car.
Hi

It is important because of job losses Bruce and our export earnings.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The new diesel standards have nothing to do with Brexit Julie.
I know that swim, but I think reason they are doing this at this time which is what Annie asked is part of the plan.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know that swim, but I think reason they are doing this at this time which is what Annie asked is part of the plan.
It is not a "plan" it is the fact that business does not like uncertainty.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:40 PM

I rather thought it was just another example of poor planning. The left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I rather thought it was just another example of poor planning. The left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...
I hope you are right Annie I really do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That's Crackers
"Nice" one.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My question was : "So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this."
That isn't the title of the thread........I refer you to my previous post #2
The gov't are introducing rule changes because the business of protecting the environment and public health continues despite Brexit.

What you have to remember also is that Jaguar LR's UK production last year was at record levels........RECORD LEVELS, I say again........The real issue is probably a company that has over reached itself and is having to rein it in........Why not make a political statement at the same time and deflect the blame for poor management decisions?
Businesses can bullshit alongside the best of them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is important because of job losses Bruce and our export earnings.
I understand that but something else will come along.

Only the other day I read that a British billionaire is eyeing the recently closed Holden factory in SA to make electric cars.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-2...n-site/9348030

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 06:43 PM

I'd have thought that, if the price of EU cars goes up, significantly, because of Brexit, then there will be greater incentive to buy from manufacturers based in the UK.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I'd have thought that, if the price of EU cars goes up, significantly, because of Brexit, then there will be greater incentive to buy from manufacturers based in the UK.
Hi

Yes, in theory.

In practice, not many can afford to buy a new JLR car, they are very expensive.

Our volume car manufacturers here in the UK are all foreign owned and are big exporters,

Our cars will be subject to the same tariffs as EU cars coming into the UK.

The owners will make a decision based on profitability.

Honda, Nissan Toyota and Vauxhall are all based here because of free access to the EU, if they are subject to tariffs, they may decide to move.

We will have to wait and see.

Personally I think we will get a trade deal with the EU, but that it will exclude services, which are our biggest exports.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top