Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 04:36 AM

Brexit, the Situation.

Hi

We are in a mess.

Government is paralysed, no agreement where we are going.

We need to know.

I cannot agree that Civil Servants are sabotaging Brexit.

They are complaining because there is no Political Direction.

Unless and until the Politicians agree a direction, there is no way the Civil Servants can deliver.

I am no Economist, Financial Projections are out of my league.

I do however know the intricacies of Border Control, Immigration and Food Exports.

In those respects, it is a nightmare, we are simply not in a position to deliver the promises made.

You are being lied to when Government says they are all in hand.

They are not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

So what's the solution - JRM, Boris and Gove?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So what's the solution - JRM, Boris and Gove?
Hi

No, just more delays and time is running short.

The solution is getting on with everything we have to do to achieve Brexit.

It is just stalemate at the moment, nobody in Government is making decisions.

Immigration for example.

We need a new computer system and 1200 new trained staff to implement what Mrs May has said will happen next March.

Nothing has happened as yet, people are pulling their hair out, it is simply not deliverable.

We also need 300 new Border Control Staff, with a system linked to the EU Criminal Records.

The Hard Brexiteers are refusing to allow any EU Links.

It is madness.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are in a mess.

Government is paralysed, no agreement where we are going.

We need to know.

I cannot agree that Civil Servants are sabotaging Brexit.

They are complaining because there is no Political Direction.

Unless and until the Politicians agree a direction, there is no way the Civil Servants can deliver.

I am no Economist, Financial Projections are out of my league.

I do however know the intricacies of Border Control, Immigration and Food Exports.

In those respects, it is a nightmare, we are simply not in a position to deliver the promises made.

You are being lied to when Government says they are all in hand.

They are not.

If you were negotiating on an important deal would you tell everyone what your plans were?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 10:53 AM

We voted out that means no links other than we would have with the rest of the world. We had none prior to joining we have none with anyone else. What about out do people not understand ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-02-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If you were negotiating on an important deal would you tell everyone what your plans were?
Hi

Here we go.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/551785...tion-shambles/

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-...exit-1-5383841

Our own MPs saying it how it is.

The systems are just not in place to leave as promised.

We have no way of controlling EU Immigration ready and no way of collecting Tariffs from the EU, our system is simply not big enough.

Our threats of No Deal are all hot air and the EU know it.

It would have been very different if the Government had got things in place, we would have been in a much better negotiating position.

If we were in any way ready, why would we be asking for a 2 year transition?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:09 AM

There may be hiccups to start with but once we are out they'll have to put those things in place pretty fast. Once we are out we can sort out a lot of things including what immigration we want. I'd like to see a series of referenda to get the entire country involved as our MPs are not fit for purpose.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We voted out that means no links other than we would have with the rest of the world. We had none prior to joining we have none with anyone else. What about out do people not understand ?
Hi

We do have links with other Countries Julie, Five Eyes is one.

We have visa systems for none EU Citizens, we need controls for the 3 Million EU Citizens here, a huge task.

They move freely now, no checks and we give out NI Numbers like toffee, it all needs to be changed.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:15 AM

Everyone shouts 'crisis' in times of flux. It's to promote and prioritise their own particular cause celebre.

The Sun newspaper that you quote has an anti immigrant agenda and uses this to influence stronger immigration controls.

The European newspaper that you quote has a pro EU anti Brexit agenda and is trying to undermine the Brexit process by calling in to question the competency of the Gvt.

It's called politics and it's base, febrile and often false.

My guess is that things are nowhere near as desperate as they would like us to believe.

It's like the doctors who run around shouting 'crisis', 'we need more money' every winter when a few extra people get the flu......It's Winter......Duh!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There may be hiccups to start with but once we http://www.over50sforum.com/newreply...y&p=1336251are out they'll have to put those things in place pretty fast. Once we are out we can sort out a lot of things including what immigration we want. I'd like to see a series of referenda to get the entire country involved as our MPs are not fit for purpose.
Please, Julie, No More Referenda.

That is guaranteed to turn the mass electorate off of politics and hand power to the more active groups such as Momentum.

The beauty of the Brexit vote was that it was a one off and it involved a high turnout.

Do you want to Leave the EU is a BIG question that can engage people. Referenda on 'Do you want Blue or Red passports' will disengage people from the process. It's too petty for a referendum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top