Join for free
Page 35 of 52 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:01 PM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
what is it about the word "forever" you are having a problem with? when God says forever it is not a trick statement!
I shall respond in the same tone... what is it about the word 'covenant' that you are having a problem with ?

In this case a 'covenant' is a promise . A promise between God forever providing the promise is not broken by the other party. The Hebrews broke their part of the bargain, as did the Israelites and Jews. Therefore the 'covenant' with God had been broken a lot. The word 'forever' then went out with the bath water.

Now I'm not prepared to continue going over old ground, time and time again on a subject that is so complex and not easy to explain in just a few lines for those who wish to continue either trying to make issues of to prove someone wrong.

However, it must also be said that Christians, Muslims, Jews, and all the other offshoots of the three main religions have also broken their covenant with God. So all we will eventually be left with is a world full of atheists and heathens, ready to kill each other off. It's happening now, we have lost our way and look what the results are.
Human Rights, seems to only be observed in a few countries by comparison. Even then, it doesn't seem to apply in most cases. We just have the statutory jail sentence after the events of evil behaviour, which doesn't change anything.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I shall respond in the same tone... what is it about the word 'covenant' that you are having a problem with ?

In this case a 'covenant' is a promise . A promise between God forever providing the promise is not broken by the other party. The Hebrews broke their part of the bargain, as did the Israelites and Jews. Therefore the 'covenant' with God had been broken a lot. The word 'forever' then went out with the bath water.

Now I'm not prepared to continue going over old ground, time and time again on a subject that is so complex and not easy to explain in just a few lines for those who wish to continue either trying to make issues of to prove someone wrong.

However, it must also be said that Christians, Muslims, Jews, and all the other offshoots of the three main religions have also broken their covenant with God. So all we will eventually be left with is a world full of atheists and heathens, ready to kill each other off. It's happening now, we have lost our way and look what the results are.
Human Rights, seems to only be observed in a few countries by comparison. Even then, it doesn't seem to apply in most cases. We just have the statutory jail sentence after the events of evil behaviour, which doesn't change anything.
NOT providing anything - what bloody bible are you referring from - God made a deal - the land was given for ever - but show me in your little book of quotes where he said ' but this is what you have to do' - or 'I will renege on this deal if you are naughty' he didn't - the deal was for ever - and that's why the deal was again kick started in 1948.

and what a great little country Israel is - it shows all its arab brothers how to run theirs more successfully if only they would stop fighting for one moment and kicking s..t out of each other . Iraq invades Kuwait - why - because it wants more land - Saudi rains war on Yemen why - because they are shiites and not sunnis - Iran once fought Iraq - why same reason - I don't see Israelis fighting each other in the same manner - they may argue or disagree but that is how it should be!

the arabs are fulfilling an old biblical prophecy ' you will kick s..t out of each other for ever more- even if you are brother and brother or cousin and cousin - and guess what - it has never stopped - biblical prophecy and biblical truth.

it's amazing isn't it how some christians just want to 'save' the whole world? - perhaps they really want to be the "good police officers" of the world - british style - no guns!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:27 PM

NOT providing anything - what bloody bible are you referring from - God made a deal - the land was given for ever - but show me in your little book of quotes where he said ' but this is what you have to do' - or 'I will renege on this deal if you are naughty' he didn't - the deal was for ever - and that's why the deal was again kick started in 1948.
I was struggling a little, but still with you, until you ended with ..... and that's why the deal was again kick started in 1948.

Who kick started it?
I know, I know ... it's late and my brain mustn't be working well.

Edited to add: You've since added a massive chunk ... of what can only be described as a weird chunk of ranting... but I think I get the gist.
You think Israel is a great little country.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:36 PM

How disgraceful.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...ancient-israel

Most covenants include and define the duties and responsibilities each party is expected to perform. As with the covenant God made with Abraham, the covenant God made with Israel contained conditions, duties and obligations. The people’s acceptance of those conditions cemented their relationship with God. But their later disobedience cut them off from the blessings God had promised.

I suggest you go to some sort of classes instead of trying to make stuff up according to your agenda.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:53 PM

How disgraceful.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...ancient-israel

Most covenants include and define the duties and responsibilities each party is expected to perform. As with the covenant God made with Abraham, the covenant God made with Israel contained conditions, duties and obligations. The people’s acceptance of those conditions cemented their relationship with God. But their later disobedience cut them off from the blessings God had promised.

I suggest you go to some sort of classes instead of trying to make stuff up according to your agenda.
hmmm is the united church of god a cult or not a cult??- questions are being asked already!

https://www.evangelical-times.org/27...church-of-god/

you might have been 'born again' on the wrong side of the bedsheet?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-05-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was struggling a little, but still with you, until you ended with ..... and that's why the deal was again kick started in 1948.

Who kick started it?
I know, I know ... it's late and my brain mustn't be working well.
all the great powers of course but under the greatest power of all!!

Morticia - you do stay up too late at times - it's now 6am over here - so I can be bright and sparkling! heh you are awful but I do like you!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:56 PM

I find it difficult to understand how some people in this day and age still believe what people believed over two millennia ago.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

22-05-2018, 11:59 PM

hmmm is the united church of god a cult or not a cult??- questions are being asked already!

https://www.evangelical-times.org/27...church-of-god/

you might have been 'born again' on the wrong side of the bedsheet?
It's a bible study tool. I am C of E and you wanted references, they are all there. No one can change the bible. i.e. apart from you, apparently !

Now go have a cold shower and don't bother me again.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

23-05-2018, 12:14 AM

....and as we type.....
Israeli war planes are flying along the Syrian border with occupied Golan Heights. That's the second time in as many days.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-05-2018, 12:30 AM

It's a bible study tool. I am C of E and you wanted references, they are all there. No one can change the bible. i.e. apart from you, apparently !

Now go have a cold shower and don't bother me again.
WELL YA TOOL MAY BE FAULTY - JUST SAYING!! and if these are the references you are providing it is suggested they may indeed be faulty as fault is being found with the entire entity. and of course it is suggested that the United Church of God is changing interpretation of the bible at will and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker?

now I'm getting confused here is the Cof E the same as the Cof G or the Cof C??

ah the Cof E heh - perhaps a church on the brink of extinction - the bible incidentally only ever talks of two churches - the Cof G and the Cof C - perhaps England has always considered itself superior to God and Christ?

AND are you the Cof E or just Anglican? because if Angli can then I can't!

https://www.ft.com/content/fced3f20-...6-11d2f0ebb7f0

a fascinating article bye the bye - if you have time? - I know Morticia has ; she burns the candles long and bright!

ps: if you are having any probs accessing the above article cos they want you to join the financial times - can you imagine if as if they don't already have enough monies ; then go on google [only if you are really passionate and interested!] and type in survival of the Cof E and you will find Jeremy Paxmans article and will be able to read it in full still on the Financial Times

Page 35 of 52 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top