Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

I don't think this or any other deal, however good, will persuade the people who are convinced we should leave to change their minds including me. Question is will it be enough to convince the waverers to come down of the side of staying in and tip the balance. I've always thought we should have stayed out and have never wavered form that view.

Frankly I have a lot of respect for David Cameron, not just in dealing with Europe but on issues about changing the UK and getting the country to live within its means. He has met continued resistance from vested interests at every quarter and its been a difficult time to be PM, but he has kept trying.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:06 PM

More to the point, with all the faffing around and fiddling that goes on..will the No votes count for anything...or as it aleady been fixed !

Will we be able to leave the EU !
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:12 PM

Of course we can. There might be a cost but then there always is.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Of course we can. There might be a cost but then there always is.
I don't have enough faith in what goes on these days. We all know figures can be altered to suit the purpose, and the man on the street has little control over that.

What we want as voters is now little to do with what we get.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:23 PM

Well, after two days sitting there holding out his begging bowl for scraps from this dictatorship instead of demanding from them the manifesto promises that he made to the British people. All I see today is a Prime Minister who has made himself a laughing stock to those EU leaders who sat and watched as he pleaded for morsels to bring back but instead found himself being dangled by his heels by all those who knew they had a bargaining chip this before they even plonked their backsides down on their chairs!!.
Any fool knows when you are going to a meeting to get what you want, you do not show your hand to those that you want that something from. This fool did exactly that. How could he possibly threaten to walk away when he had already declared his hand?.

Instead, this appeaser walked into that meeting with them having the full knowledge that he was completely Pro European and his intent would always be on voting for us to stay in !!! What an absolute plonker ! They had him by the b...s before he opened his mouth!

He has returned with a big fat zero. It will be interesting to see him standing outside Number 10 putting a spin on trying to make it look as though he has put another 0 on the exisiting 0.

Hail the conquering Hero! excuse me whilst I laugh along with every single EU Leader that attended that meeting.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:54 PM

Out for me as well sooner the better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:27 PM

It appears to me that the two categories the 'in' or 'out' voters are to some extent divided by age and will vote regardless of Cameron's 'deal' .

The older people who have experienced a UK independent from the EU (and some of the consequences of our membership) are more likely to vote 'out' and a younger generation who haven't and are fearful of what could happen in we leave voting to stay 'in' .

This could make it possible to roughly predict the outcome of the referendum by looking at the ages of our population.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It appears to me that the two categories the 'in' or 'out' voters are to some extent divided by age and will vote regardless of Cameron's 'deal' .

The older people who have experienced a UK independent from the EU (and some of the consequences of our membership) are more likely to vote 'out' and a younger generation who haven't and are fearful of what could happen in we leave voting to stay 'in' .

This could make it possible to roughly predict the outcome of the referendum by looking at the ages of our population.
Or we could just lock anybody, who is not over 50, in Noms cave till the voting is over
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:40 PM

HELLO! WAS THAT IT!! waiting all morning to hear what Call Me Dave had to say to the British people???

Nothing, absolutely nothing! how embarrassing! the man should hang his head in shame!

All he waffled on about was our economy, our security, how there would be no further integration into Europe. WOW! we already knew that! no joining the Euro! we already knew that too. Then of course came the scaremongering about "those doubters who want us out of the EU".

What a pathetic speech. What a pathetic man. what a pathetic waste of time. He is a spent force that has sold us out to the EU.

I only hope the majority think the same. Let's get the hell out of this dictatorship at the first opportunity and gain our full independence back in this country.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:49 PM

I wonder if the referendum will be a bit like the Irish one on the Lisbon treaty a few years back - wrong answer the first time, so given another 'chance' to give the right answer in a second referendum…
My cynicism inclines me towards thinking the OUT result is not allowed to be a viable option...

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top