Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 05:51 AM

Re: The Brexit Timetable

It is good to know that the process is at last being started and that some sort of timetable is being put into place.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
God, I hate Cameron for giving us a choice and turning normally pleasant people into bigots who turn on friends and family.
I wish I could go somewhere else to live away from all this nasty crap!
Sorry you feel the need to quote me again. However i have no problem with those that voted to remain, its the constant attempts to derail the result by moaning and trying to derail the result that is annoying, its not personal, though you seem to think it is on my behalf.

I am not a bigot nor have i turned on friends or family, but you are entitled to your opinion as am i. If people who voted to stay are not happy then like our incoming migrants they have a chance to go and live in Europe if they think its better for them.

I have an opinion and will express it, though it seems there are plenty out there that wish to stifle it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

May's views on Brezit are set out here

http://www.ein.org.uk/news/theresa-m...tain-leave-eu?

Unfortunately Boris is gobbing off again, not only to Turkey, but he has also resurrected his idea, first floated during Brexit. of giving a general amnesty to all illegals who have been here for 12 years.

The Electronic Information Network is a good source of unbiased Information, it is not a political mouthpiece.

Mrs May has set a very ambitious timetable for leaving the EU, taking back control of our Borders is not as simple as it sounds.

She has taken a calculated risk, we do not have the computer systems in place to do this.

Thirty months is an incredibly short timetable to do this.

We have the basics in place, some EU Countries are great allies in this respect, a shining example is Poland, total cooperation in information sharing.

Portugal and the Netherlands, historic allies of ours, are also fully on board, as are the Irish and Denmark.

The French , after years of doing their own thing, are very slowly coming on board after their wave of Terrorist attacks, but still a nightmare.

Frau Merkel, known in the trade as the Obergruppenführer , is still determined to have her own way.

It is a massive task that Mrs May has set the professionals, not least because she has authorised another Enforcement Agency to recruit and employ a 1000 computer geeks to protect us from Cyber Attacks om our infrastructure.

This means that they must all be Vetted, an enormous task.

I genuinely hope she succeeds.

It is a very big ask though, especially as Cameron cut the funding and forced many of the experienced officers into early retirement.
Thanks Gibbs will read it later...
As the boys in Hereford say 'Who dares wins' I am pleased to see Mrs May being bold and forthright in her approach and she certainly has my backing.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 08:22 AM

But 2019???!!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But 2019???!!!!!
Jazzi it was always going to be 2 years of negotiations. Factor into that Cameron sulking and walking away and May having to settle into office and get the department for leaving staffed and up and running I don't think that is too bad.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:47 AM

So I make that 2018.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Two years makes me wonder how much we have wasted over the years we have been in it, how can it take that long ? I know complicated, but it really doesn't have to be we can sort the laws out we have adopted after we leave as some we need to keep and some not.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:58 AM

It's ok folks, people who are constantly deriding those who voted remain, (you know the ones that are always moaning, although I've not noticed any on here at all,) they don't mean us on here!
As usual it's only people who agree with them and just a smidgen over half the population that are allowed any opinion at all! But, us on here? We're ok as long as we keep quiet!
Well, think on when all you have left to argue with is yourselves!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
So I make that 2018.
Hi

The Article 50 letter goes in before Easter next year Jazzi.

That means we have 2 years from March 2017 to exit.

It is not just the Government who are short of staff and systems, our Exporters are as well.

Every agreement we have is under EU Rules, they supply the paperwork, when we leave our Industry will have to be ready to provide it's own, depending on the type of deal we get.

That means our own origin certificates, our own labs and vastly more paperwork.

We use EU Satellites,, EU Customs Union Systems and documentation.

Loads to do apart from negotiating new trade deals.

We can do it of course, it just takes time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:20 AM

Deleted, I'm too angry to post what I tthink

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top