Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 11:44 PM

Re: The Brexit Timetable

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
She's not a Froggie. Actually, she is .. soon will be. She's a Brit who voted to Remain whilst diligently filling in her French Citizenship application.

And the trouble with that is, though maybe entitled to Pensions and inclusion in other reciprocal agreements between Britain and France , I feel voting for Brexit ought to really lie in the hands of the people who actually live in Britain, who want independence from the EU.
Not someone living in France, and clearly happy with been in the club. It does rather reduce the impact and import of any moans and whines about consequences... and questions their motive.
Yes, well said.

Actually, I was sure that she is an ex-pat who, like many others it has to be said, has take the option of going to live somewhere more attractive. I can't criticise that, as I have considered the same in the past. And who can blame us when such unfortunate things are happening to our own country?

However, I do agree with you that if she intends to remain in France, or remain as a French citizen, she has no right to vote on what happens to this country.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, well said.

Actually, I was sure that she is an ex-pat who, like many others it has to be said, has take the option of going to live somewhere more attractive. I can't criticise that, as I have considered the same in the past. And who can blame us when such unfortunate things are happening to our own country?

However, I do agree with you that if she intends to remain in France, or remain as a French citizen, she has no right to vote on what happens to this country.
Everyone born in this Country has a right to a vote whether you like it or not.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Everyone born in this Country has a right to a vote whether you like it or not.
Hi

You need to check your facts, if you do so you may well find that you are incorrect.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top