Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2016, 04:17 PM

Re: Brexit and the pound

Obviously it won't worry everyone, but it will worry those who struggle already, pensioners for instance.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2016, 06:23 PM

I have to admit that when I moved I invested a few quid-some of them dollar earning. So cannot complain.Charity begins at home so I must come first
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Brexit will cost us all money, at least for the next few years.

Well worth the price though.
I feel the same way, SF. Thankfully, I feel unaffected as yet and I have every confidence for the country in the future. I feel that great days will be ahead for Britain when we are allowed to trade with whom we wish and, of course, we will no longer be obliged to pay through the nose to subsidise the EU bureaucrats.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Nobody will be unaffected. It's not just what you buy personally, it's what those who produce, make, sell and transport what you buy who will be affected most. Their costs will rise and therefore their prices. Let's just hope they don't use it as an excuse to pop even more on top of the increases.

Remember when we changed to decimal coinage? Every single price increased substantially. The one I remember most clearly because it was so blatant, was a packet of 2 toilet rolls went from 1/3d to 13p. Very nearly double the price, overnight.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:11 AM

The scare campaign continues!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But the stock markets are doing well all very confusing but if you don't buy things that are imported I am assured it won't affect me at all. So I'll carry on and not worry too much.
The Stock Market (and housing) is/are where the money is going because world wide interest rates are so low. It will be interesting to see what happens to the stock market if, and when, interest rates start to rise again.

It wouldn't take much for the stock market(s) to have a severe correction at the moment. Let's hope it ends gently.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I hear the pound has slumped rather badly - this could be a pound sterling or a pound of political flesh??
Just remember the pound in your pocket hasn't been devalued.

It's still worth 240 pence, hang on... its only worth 100 pence now... perhaps it has been devalued
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Should we have remained in the gold standard? Age brings wisdom but we do tend to hear the same old record being played by politicians who look like they belong outside the tuck shop
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Gold fell like a stone today can someone tell me why ?
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just remember the pound in your pocket hasn't been devalued.

It's still worth 240 pence, hang on... its only worth 100 pence now... perhaps it has been devalued
240 before decimalization. 100 after. However, a penny could actually buy a stamp then. How much does a stamp cost now?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top