Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 12:32 PM

Re: The Immigration Question

I would not have voted had I been told, if you vote leave the decision will have to be approved by the House of Commons first. In effect there was no point in holding a referendum.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I am worried that you consider 4% to be overwhelming.
or that it will cause riots in the streets.
If Leavers want to cause civil unrest because they don't get their way under Constitutional law, then that speaks volumes about their respect for rule of law and the balance of power in the UK.

I thought Leavers criticise Remainers for throwing toys out of prams. Surely they wouldn't stoop so low...
It was a democratic referendum.
It was not presented to the people as .... vote for whether to leave the EU and then it will be discussed in Parliament.
Citing ... disrespect for the Law actually sounds a little stupid in this context.

I didn't vote.
Should there be another referendum I will vote Brexit .. in support of all the 52% who have been denied the right to see their vote count for something.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I didn't vote.
Should there be another referendum I will vote Brexit .. in support of all the 52% who have been denied the right to see their vote count for something.
I'm sure you're not alone, Morty.

Reading readers' comments in the press about this 'dirty trick' by the remainiacs (and their tame judges), if Brexit is prevented or even delayed I expect to see a great deal of unrest which could end who knows where.

I suspect that there are many people, remainiacs included, who are offended at this apparent removal of our democratic rights.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top