Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:58 AM

Labour and Brexit.

Hi

After Corbyn doing very little to support Remain, he is now criticising the Government and demanding answers to all sorts of things.

Not very intelligent in my view, negotiations are like playing poker, you don't show your hand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37622928
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Re: Labour and Brexit.

170 questions? That should keep civil servants employed for years. Yes Minister.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

After Corbyn doing very little to support Remain, he is now criticising the Government and demanding answers to all sorts of things.

Not very intelligent in my view, negotiations are like playing poker, you don't show your hand.

Apparently it wasn't Jeremy Corbyn that has caused aggro to Theresa May et al, but the 'nasty party's' own back-bench members.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...-1499596238_uk
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 01:58 PM

Why wouldn't the opposition in government ask questions, that's part of their role surely.

As I asked in another thread, a momentous event such as Brexit, and you don't want questions asked?

This isn't a game of poker this is lives it is not protected by the Official Secrets Act.

Hi

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 02:01 PM

I can't see why questions aren't asked ? Also I'll say it again Brexit wasn't a party political question, jc was unlike Cameron allowing his party to make their own ethical decisions.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 02:08 PM

Exactly Julie, it wasn't party political.

I find it astonishing that whenever anybody raises a criticism or query about Brexit the Brexiters get all twitchy.

It is as clear as the nose on anybody's face that it will happen but I for one want to know exactly how and what we're going to end up with

I shudder with fearat the idea of it being done quietly. I want to know who potentially wins and who loses.

The tory party haven't exactly acted in the interests of the ordinary man or woman on the street in the past, no reason to believe they will this time.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't see why questions aren't asked ? Also I'll say it again Brexit wasn't a party political question, jc was unlike Cameron allowing his party to make their own ethical decisions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Why wouldn't the opposition in government ask questions, that's part of their role surely.

As I asked in another thread, a momentous event such as Brexit, and you don't want questions asked?

This isn't a game of poker this is lives it is not protected by the Official Secrets Act.
Hi

It is a game of poker, the object of both sides is to get the best possible deal, all international negotiations are like this.

I have absolutely no objections to any proposed final deal being subject to full scrutiny in Parliament.
Baxter8
Somerset

12-10-2016, 02:21 PM

This is the worst type of governing there is!

I hope as many MPs, MEPs, councillors, citizens raise questions and demand to know what deals are being planned.

Commercial international negotiations may be conducted secretly but I have no desire to live in a country where the state negotiates on my behalf in secret on matters that will impinge on mine and my family's lives forever more.

Hi

It is a game of poker, the object of both sides is to get the best possible deal, all international negotiations are like this.

I have absolutely no objections to any proposed final deal being subject to full scrutiny in Parliament.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 02:24 PM

Hi

... But can it be a 'FINAL' deal if Parliament votes and rejects such a deal???
Baxter8
Somerset

12-10-2016, 02:33 PM

It makes you wonder if a cross-party, transparent process is required to avoid such a logistical nightmare!

Can't see it happening though.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
... But can it be a 'FINAL' deal if Parliament votes and rejects such a deal???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top