Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 07:55 AM

Re: The Marmite debate

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
A work colleague used to eat half a teaspoon of it every day...not spread on anything, just straight in her mouth
... er ... not sure I could do that, much as I like it, think it would bite back !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 07:57 AM

I'm the same about Vegemite. Thought it was ghastly!!

Anyway I believe Tesco and Unilever have resolved the situation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 08:29 AM

Well it was excellent publicity for Marmite!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Seems to me it was all a ruse to shift old stock, Mrs.B is just back from Tescos and tells me the shelves have been stripped through people panic buying yesterday....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I loathe it ...lol

so do i , give me Bovril any day
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:05 AM

I like the stuff.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Seems to me it was all a ruse to shift old stock, Mrs.B is just back from Tescos and tells me the shelves have been stripped through people panic buying yesterday....
Fortunately I did my weekly Tesco shop on Wednesday this week!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
so do i , give me Bovril any day
No - just not the same in a cheese toastie !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nevertheless, I am willing to forego those pleasures and substitute non-Unilever products in the face of what I consider anti-Brexit greed and political shenanigans by that company.

I hope others feel the same and that Unilever end up with red faces, having shot themselves in the foot.
So am I not that I buy a lot of them in the first place and I don't like marmite except on Twiglets at Christmas.

What a pathetic country we have become with people worried about the loss of a few products , if there isn't any Marmite you eat something else .
Heaven knows how many of the present day population would have coped with the rationing during and just after the war when I was born.

The choice is this, am I prepared to go without a few things and pay more for others in order to extricate the country from a corrupt club, an easy yes for me.

And before anyone says 'think of the poor' I am technically one of them . However I have learned to live on very little, most people could if they made the effort.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 02:54 PM

Tesco do their own brand of yeast extract anyway. I haven't tried it but read it's just about impossible to tell the difference between that and Marmite:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/produ.../?id=276976038

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top