Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 07:43 AM

Eu - tusk

I see that Tusk has said that if the UK insist on complete border control, the only deal available will be Hard Brexit or No Brexit.

If that is the case why wait, let us get out now and let the EU worry about their exports to us. We have already wait long enough for thr opposition to Brexit to become organised in this country. I feel the longer ir goes on, the more likely we are to stay in.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 09:02 AM

Re: Eu - tusk

Good.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:12 AM

Hi Purwell.

What part does good refer to ?. Getting out now or staying in altogether.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:24 AM

I agree OS we should get out quick as we can they are not going to make it easy so remove ourselves and let them run after us for a change.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree OS we should get out quick as we can they are not going to make it easy so remove ourselves and let them run after us for a change.

Hi

Get out now?

We are not even a member of the WTO in our own right.

We do not have any computer systems capable of collecting WTO Customs Duties.

We do not have any systems in place to provide proof of origin certificates, absolutely essential for any exports.

We have no satellites of our own, except for Military Communications, and even those are launched by the EU.

Get out now?

We would lose out massively.

No reciprocal Taxation Arrangements.

So the 3 million EU residents here would no longer be paying solely tax here, they would have to pay Tax as well in their own Country, they would be off.

The 1.2 million UK Citizens living in the EU, would have to pay tax there as well.

Not a good scenario.

Get out now with no passporting certificates for Financial Services?

Net loss 4 times what our EU Payments cost us.

Fancy a cut of 25% in State Pensions?

The UK would be a second Greece.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 12:59 PM

We would have to lose out to a huge degree to match what we pay into Eu moment. I don't pretend to have the figures but it's immense.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We would have to lose out to a huge degree to match what we pay into Eu moment. I don't pretend to have the figures but it's immense.

Hi

Obviously you do not have the figures.

The amount we pay to the EU is less than 25% of what we could not collect in Tax until we have the systems in place.

I do not want any more Austerity in the UK.

We have had enough.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Obviously you do not have the figures.

The amount we pay to the EU is less than 25% of what we could not collect in Tax until we have the systems in place.

I do not want any more Austerity in the UK.

We have had enough.
I said I didn't have them honestly your need to pound it home doesn't help at all.
wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Hi

Get out now?

We do not have any systems in place to provide proof of origin certificates, absolutely essential for any exports.

We have no satellites of our own, except for Military Communications, and even those are launched by the EU.

Get out now?

So the 3 million EU residents here would no longer be paying solely tax here, they would have to pay Tax as well in their own Country, they would be off.

The 1.2 million UK Citizens living in the EU, would have to pay tax there as well.

Not a good scenario.

Sounds like a great job creation for some of the unemployed
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 03:50 PM

SF - thanks for that breakdown. I think it demonstrates quite clearly the monumental task ahead! I certainly wouldn't want to be in charge of it.

Hi

Get out now?

Get out now?

Not a good scenario.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top