Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Re: Eu - tusk

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
SF - thanks for that breakdown. I think it demonstrates quite clearly the monumental task ahead! I certainly wouldn't want to be in charge of it.
Good job we have brilliant minds like Boris in charge then, along with a government that really has the interests of democracy at heart. What could possibly go wrong?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Good job we have brilliant minds like Boris in charge then, along with a government that really has the interests of democracy at heart. What could possibly go wrong?
It already has the turkeys voted for Christmas, short sighted idiots.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It already has the turkeys voted for Christmas, short sighted idiots.
Or long sighted I have high hopes by the time Grace is looking for a job we will be out and proud and she will have a country worth calling home.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:49 AM

At last nights meeting of the EU, Mrs May said that if the UK was excluded from meetings before we even confirm our departure, that we would not just rubber stamp any decisions made without us.

As things stand we are still full members of the EU. If we are excluded from these meetings it is the EU who ahve boken their own rules. After the first of these meetings that need ratifying, if they go ahead without our input, we should be in a position not to pay the full amount of our membership fees into the EU.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
At last nights meeting of the EU, Mrs May said that if the UK was excluded from meetings before we even confirm our departure, that we would not just rubber stamp any decisions made without us.

As things stand we are still full members of the EU. If we are excluded from these meetings it is the EU who ahve boken their own rules. After the first of these meetings that need ratifying, if they go ahead without our input, we should be in a position not to pay the full amount of our membership fees into the EU.
I agree OS, I also think that Mrs May was treated rather discourteously at last night's EU members meeting having her speech left until 1am, an indication of how we are to be treated I would guess.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 12:16 PM

Hi

We have voted out, as far as they are concerned the UK is now a competitor and will be treated as such.

That is how the system works, everybody for themselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:08 PM

I see that Tusk has said that if the UK insist on complete border control, the only deal available will be Hard Brexit or No Brexit.
Who the hell does he think he is? So if we insist on complete border control there will be 'no Brexit'?
I think he's just confirmed his mental inadequacy if he believes he can prevent our leaving.

Indeed. If we told them, right now, that there would be no further 'membership fees', what do they think they could do? They have, as you say, broken their own rules.

Whilst the EU leaders are issuing their ridiculous threats, why can't we begin discussing our own trade agreements with all of those countries who are queuing up to deal with us?

Oh, the EU would complain that we aren't allowed to do that whilst we're still members, eh? Funny how they can break the rules with impunity yet bleat about it if we do the same.

Who gives a toss?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:34 PM

Hi

I think that he has been taken out of context, it is just the same negotiating stance.

No freedom of movement, no access to the single market.

It was always going to be thus, neither side is moving an inch at the moment.

We can negotiate with other Countries, but only under WTO rules, these rules apply to all trading nations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think that he has been taken out of context, it is just the same negotiating stance.

No freedom of movement, no access to the single market.
That's fine by me. If they want to lose customers in the UK for their products, that's their hard cheese. Yes, of course that would work both ways, but we buy more from them than they buy from us.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
It was always going to be thus, neither side is moving an inch at the moment.

We can negotiate with other Countries, but only under WTO rules, these rules apply to all trading nations.
So negotiate with the rest of the world under WTO rules. What's the problem? Whatever is agreed will be to our and their mutual benefit, surely.

And if the EU don't want to negotiate with us under the same rules, sod 'em.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's fine by me. If they want to lose customers in the UK for their products, that's their hard cheese. Yes, of course that would work both ways, but we buy more from them than they buy from us.

So negotiate with the rest of the world under WTO rules. What's the problem? Whatever is agreed will be to our and their mutual benefit, surely.

And if the EU don't want to negotiate with us under the same rules, sod 'em.
Hi

It is explained here .

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-leaving-eu-trade/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top