Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Doug_J
New Member!
West Sussex
Doug_J is male 

13-04-2018, 10:23 PM

Re: Problems with A Vax Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.

Hi, thanks for that...looks interesting.
I'll have to look out my taps and dies and see what I can do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Doug_J ->
Hi, thanks for that...looks interesting.
I'll have to look out my taps and dies and see what I can do.
Good luck Doug, keep me posted on progress......
Mine has been running great for the last six months since I made the modification....
jgood8
New Member!
leeds west yorkshire
jgood8 is male 

13-10-2018, 04:59 PM

hi ogf
have same problem could you send details for fix please

The solution is to fix the steel shaft securely to the plastic housing allowing only the wheel to rotate on the steel shaft. I have drilled and tapped the steel shaft (4BA or similar size) and drilled a clearance hole in the plastic cover and then the steel shaft can be secured to the clear plastic cover with a screw as seen here.....
cheers john
Turbo
New Member!
Lithuania, Kaunas
Turbo is male 

27-03-2019, 11:40 AM

Hello guys,
I have exactly the same problem with the rear wheels of my VAX.. Tried to fix it myself but didn't come up with an idea how to do it.

OldGreyFox, could you send me details on this please? Since we are happy with machine, however it is not sucking properly if one wheel is not there.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
Turbo
New Member!
Lithuania, Kaunas
Turbo is male 

27-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good luck Doug, keep me posted on progress......
Mine has been running great for the last six months since I made the modification....
Hey, would it be possible for you to share your details on fixing this rear wheels issue?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo ->
Hey, would it be possible for you to share your details on fixing this rear wheels issue?
Hi Turbo, there has been a development concerning the 'Wobbly Wheel' syndrome....Although the refit lasted for a good year following the repair, eventually the plastic holding the wheels in place broke in several places.

I've made a new repair which is more substantial and will post photos of the repair....Not as technical as the first but easier to do and more substantial...
Turbo
New Member!
Lithuania, Kaunas
Turbo is male 

28-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Hi Turbo, there has been a development concerning the 'Wobbly Wheel' syndrome....Although the refit lasted for a good year following the repair, eventually the plastic holding the wheels in place broke in several places.

I've made a new repair which is more substantial and will post photos of the repair....Not as technical as the first but easier to do and more substantial...
Thanks, would be great to have them.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thanks again
Turbo
New Member!
Lithuania, Kaunas
Turbo is male 

04-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Hey OldGreyFox,
Looks like I am not allowed to get Personal Messages.. Is it possible for you to post picture with drawing here?
Thanks
JeromeTaylor
New Member!
United States
JeromeTaylor is male 

06-05-2019, 09:40 PM

How does the various products mentioned on the list compare, and which one can be said to be the best?
[link removed]
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeromeTaylor ->
How does the various products mentioned on the list compare, and which one can be said to be the best?
[link removed]
.....Sorry, we do not allow link drops.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top