Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Re: Nissan

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Certainly good news to the good folk of Sunderland.

But at what cost to the rest of us???
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Will it be noticed? as a cash cow to any government,I'll doubt that I will.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Certainly good news to the good folk of Sunderland.

Yes it is. I wonder if the North will now be recognised as existing. i bet ther are plenty of areas a New airport could be built, and then who knows firms may even think of Re-locating from the overcrowded south .
Well you can but hope
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Quite right Caricature. Not only does it secure the livelihoods of seven thousand workers but also hundreds of thousands of workers in businesses that support Nissan in Sunderland.

I am so pleased for those people. If Nissan had moved the future would have been so bleak for them.

Good on you Theresa, I don't know what sweeteners or safeguards, if any, were given to ensure two cars would be built at their factory, who cares! Theresa May has the confidence to pursuade the bosses to give their all to Sunderland so I give a rousing three cheers to her.
so scallops to the windbags who are just succeeding in making themselves look even more stupid than normal.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:42 PM

I didn't mean you with that last sentence UJ. I meant the general Labour moaners we see on our screens who think there has been a backroom bribe and are laughingly aghast at such a thought. This from Jeremy's party.
Who said Labour was for the working man and woman??
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yeah your right JOE, why help the area with the highest unemployment in the country, keep the best performing car plant in Europe operating even if help has been offered.

Lets keep it the way it is, the rest of the country pouring cash into money pit London,so it can continue with garden bridges cable cars, and bikes.

Your man of the people mantle is slipping a bit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 04:33 PM

Hi

When we leave the EU we will be able to do a lot more to protect our Industrial Jobs, which is always what I thought Labour wanted to do.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 07:23 PM

Can you imagine if Nissan said they were leaving the UK?Everyone would be saying why are the government not stepping in?

As it is the government have said they have not offered financial incentives maybe they have offered guarantees of some kind... who knows.

Quite honestly I don't care what they offered I hope where possible they do the same with other massive employers to safeguard jobs especially in the North.

I agree...Well done Theresa
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 07:26 PM

Does it really matter if Nissan have been given a Carrot by the Government? They will keep people in Sunderland employed for years
It is better then borrowing money for World Aid and giving it to Countries who do not need it, or squander it on non- essentials
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 07:38 PM

They were given a carrot by the Gove at the time to build the factory.

That's after Red Robbio had destroyed British Leyland.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top