Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: Nissan

Originally Posted by galty ->
They were given a carrot by the Gove at the time to build the factory.

That's after Red Robbio had destroyed British Leyland.

I doh't see why Nissan can't be given many concessions.
All their employees are going to pay income tax and spend money to help the economy.

Amazon and Google and Microsoft and others pay very little tax.
Curtesy of the Government.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Yes it is. I wonder if the North will now be recognised as existing. i bet ther are plenty of areas a New airport could be built, and then who knows firms may even think of Re-locating from the overcrowded south .
Well you can but hope
The BBC did a wise thing relocating to Salford, Greater Manchester. Lancs
The cost of living and house are much cheaper UP North and poeple more friendly.

People in high unemployment arrears would love a chance to do a 'fair day's work for a fair day's pay.' They have stopped wearing Flat Caps and keeping a ferret up their trousers and no longer eat 'Tripe and onions.
Champers and Fillet Steak now.

And..It is not grim "up north.
You can see the most beautiful landscapes in UK.
The Pennines The Lake District The West Coast.

Yorkshire is not bad either.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
can you imagine if nissan said they were leaving the uk?everyone would be saying why are the government not stepping in?

As it is the government have said they have not offered financial incentives maybe they have offered guarantees of some kind... Who knows.

Quite honestly i don't care what they offered i hope where possible they do the same with other massive employers to safeguard jobs especially in the north.

I agree...well done theresa
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by azure ->
does it really matter if nissan have been given a carrot by the government? They will keep people in sunderland employed for years
it is better then borrowing money for world aid and giving it to countries who do not need it, or squander it on non- essentials
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 11:13 AM

Interesting that one day the British public are complaining that large industries re not paying their taxes and the next that the British govt are bribing large industries to stay in the UK.
Either you uphold proper business relationships or you don't. It cuts both ways.

Sure Nissan can be bribed to stay...and that all other large businesses expect the same deal even before the govt knows it can provide the results it has promised.
Seems a very risky way to provide security...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Interesting that one day the British public are complaining that large industries re not paying their taxes and the next that the British govt are bribing large industries to stay in the UK.
Either you uphold proper business relationships or you don't. It cuts both ways.

Sure Nissan can be bribed to stay...and that all other large businesses expect the same deal even before the govt knows it can provide the results it has promised.
Seems a very risky way to provide security...
Hi

I think perhaps you are getting a trifle confused on how Industry and Governments react.

All these things going round in your head, are you sure that they are not making you Dizzy?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think perhaps you are getting a trifle confused on how Industry and Governments react.

All these things going round in your head, are you sure that they are not making you Dizzy?
Makes perfect sense to me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top