Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Re: Playing Poker

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I believe that we buy more from them than they buy from us.

Take cars, for example. If they try to get nasty, we'll probably buy Japanese cars instead of German ones. Most people go for the best deal they can get, don't they?
Hi

If we leave under WTO rules, there will be import duties on all cars, not just from the EU.

It is not as simple as some of the hardline Brexit people are saying.

This man has no axe to grind, he is the head of the WTO.

He makes the very valid point that we have 77 countries we have to seek agreement with when we leave.

It is his job to keep world trade going, however, as he says, it is not a given that all the 77 countries will want to keep exactly the same arrangements, either for the UK or the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37836099

As I continue to keep saying, there is an awful lot of technical work to be done and very little time to do it in.

The timescale is not determined by us, it is determined by the Countries we deal with and their Parliaments.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 02:52 PM

It's as easy or difficult as you want to make it I can't honestly see any country saying sorry we don't want to sell to you that way is craziness.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we leave under WTO rules, there will be import duties on all cars, not just from the EU.
Quite honestly, I admit that I am no expert in these matters, so may I ask a simple question?

If we import Japanese cars under WTO rules, to whom is the import duty paid?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 03:49 PM

Quite honestly, I admit that I am no expert in these matters, so may I ask a simple question?

If we import Japanese cars under WTO rules, to whom is the import duty paid?
Hi

The UK, we are part of the EU Customs Union, which is another thing we will have to renegotiate if we want to stay in it.

If not we will have to set up our own system within the next two years as well as setting up our own systems for exports.

Brexit is a big deal for the Japanese.

Well worth a read.

http://www.politico.eu/article/japan...auto-industry/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-11-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's as easy or difficult as you want to make it I can't honestly see any country saying sorry we don't want to sell to you that way is craziness.
Hi

Perhaps you should be in charge then Julie if you can make it easy.

Nobody else can find a way of making it easy, otherwise we would be out already.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Hi

Perhaps you should be in charge then Julie if you can make it easy.

Nobody else can find a way of making it easy, otherwise we would be out already.
They don't want us out that's what is holding it up. They really want another referendum until we change our minds like other countries have been made to do.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 04:57 PM

Indeed. Who needs enemies when we already have so many in Parliament?
Quite so JBR, can I please just mention something really worthwhile watching on YouTube. This was done before the referendum but after watching this 4-part film narrated by Sir Patrick Moore, I am lost for words. If you really want to learn about the absolute betrayal of the British people behind our backs by our own governments from when this plan was first hatched - up to the dismantling of our British way of life was in progress, please do take the time to watch it, especially part 4 which is a real eye-opener and of which I thank the good Lord that the people of Britain voted to leave this corrupt organisation.

It is called... Britain on the Brink.

I now know all the missing information about a Federal Europe. Mind boggling........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-11-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They don't want us out that's what is holding it up. They really want another referendum until we change our minds like other countries have been made to do.
Hi

We voted out, that is that, we live in a democracy.

You are quite correct in that we could leave next week, dead simple, pass a vote in Parliament and leave the following day, just stop paying to the EU.

So, what does that mean?

Yes we will save £8.6 Billion a year in fees.

We would immediately lose £65 Billion a year in tax from the loss of Passporting.

We would have no system at all for collecting Tariffs for imports, the EU would simply turn it off.

The EU and other Countries we trade with would however collect Tariffs from UK Exports.

What that would mean is that we have demonstrated to every Country in the World that we are not to be trusted, that we will tear up any agreement when it suits us.

Nobody will want an agreement with us, only Pariah States ignore International Law like that.

What that will mean is that the loss of even the £65 Billion a year from the loss of passporting means that the UK is unable to service our Debt repayments.

We need to borrow a minimum of £60 Billion a year just to keep our Benefit Payments at the current level.

We pay £42 Billion a year just in interest payments.

We pay minimum rates on that, they would at least triple if we cannot repay, junk bond status.

Net effect, the £ would collapse, fancy paying £2.40 a litre for your petrol, or your Electric and Gas Bills doubling?

I voted for out, I do not regret that, I did not however vote for Financial Suicide which is what you are proposing.

We take our time, get the best deal we can and get on with it.

Your way will result in a massive disaster and we will end up like Greece, with Pensions and Benefits being seriously cut.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Hi

The UK, we are part of the EU Customs Union, which is another thing we will have to renegotiate if we want to stay in it.

If not we will have to set up our own system within the next two years as well as setting up our own systems for exports.

Brexit is a big deal for the Japanese.

Well worth a read.

http://www.politico.eu/article/japan...auto-industry/
I'm afraid that I still don't know exactly what would happen.

I'm hope that when we leave the EU we shall have our own customs rules. Remaining in an EU customs organisation is, in my opinion, losing part of our sovereignty and I believe that the electorate voted to leave and become a fully independent country once again.

I assume, then, that import duties will be paid to our own government and that we can set whatever duties will be to our own advantage. If the Germans (and the rest of their empire) want to apply punitive charges to purchases of their goods, we can do the same. If German cars become too expensive, I have a distinct feeling that British people will prefer to buy Japanese cars. That's true competition.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-11-2016, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Quite so JBR, can I please just mention something really worthwhile watching on YouTube. This was done before the referendum but after watching this 4-part film narrated by Sir Patrick Moore, I am lost for words. If you really want to learn about the absolute betrayal of the British people behind our backs by our own governments from when this plan was first hatched - up to the dismantling of our British way of life was in progress, please do take the time to watch it, especially part 4 which is a real eye-opener and of which I thank the good Lord that the people of Britain voted to leave this corrupt organisation.

It is called... Britain on the Brink.

I now know all the missing information about a Federal Europe. Mind boggling........
I found this link, which plays for about 35 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfcRmyW5Cx0

Is that the one?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top