Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:15 PM

Re: Another Legal Challenge.

I don't think the remainers were short of a fib or two, do you.... pots and kettles here I'm afraid, and not a small amount of sour grapes yet again...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't think the remainers were short of a fib or two, do you.... pots and kettles here I'm afraid, and not a small amount of sour grapes yet again...
Hi

Load of tripe on both sides Barry, and that is what I object to.

The political elite once again treating us like cattle fodder.

I am still sat inside with my tin hat on and stocks of food and water waiting for war to break out now we have voted to leave.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I am interested however in the principle of politicians telling us things they know to be untrue.
A fact is something which is known to be true because it is indisputable eg there is a sun in the sky today,
...it can also be something which some people believe to be true and whether or not you believe those people depends on their credibility

I don't believe a lot I am told because very few people have sufficient credibility for me to believe them. So I don't really consider politicians are telling me things they 'know to be untrue' because they may actually believe them to be true themselves although others don't .

I am amazed that some people are so gullible they believe everything they are told, or do they, is it just a stick to beat people with after the event
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 04:57 PM

You believe me, don't you Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You believe me, don't you Meg.
Bits of you Paul
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 11:22 PM

That could not be my Bitmap.

Analogue Rocks.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The political elite once again treating us like cattle fodder.

I am still sat inside with my tin hat on and stocks of food and water waiting for war to break out now we have voted to leave.
Tend to agree with you Swim. There has to be some line drawn in the sand regarding what people can and can not say. We have such lines clearly drawn for media advertising, and for personal slander and libel. So why not for political statements and election canvassing?

The case in question will go nowhere because there were lies and misleads on both sides of the fence but perhaps it will plant the seeds leading to new legislation.

Like you, I am also stocked up with long term food sources and ability to create potable water for when the inevitable disruptions begin in earnest.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 04:18 PM

The Supreme Court seem to have 'muddied the waters' even further.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/11/18...can-intervene/
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Tend to agree with you Swim. There has to be some line drawn in the sand regarding what people can and can not say. We have such lines clearly drawn for media advertising, and for personal slander and libel. So why not for political statements and election canvassing?

The case in question will go nowhere because there were lies and misleads on both sides of the fence but perhaps it will plant the seeds leading to new legislation.

Like you, I am also stocked up with long term food sources and ability to create potable water for when the inevitable disruptions begin in earnest.
Is this the new UK?

Forbid it because you don't like the sound of it?

You like opinion when it agrees with you but when there is another voice you want to shut it off.

In here and out there.

Quite frightening really.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A fact is something which is known to be true because it is indisputable eg there is a sun in the sky today,
...it can also be something which some people believe to be true and whether or not you believe those people depends on their credibility

I don't believe a lot I am told because very few people have sufficient credibility for me to believe them. So I don't really consider politicians are telling me things they 'know to be untrue' because they may actually believe them to be true themselves although others don't .

I am amazed that some people are so gullible they believe everything they are told, or do they, is it just a stick to beat people with after the event
Truth is what is proven to be so by cross reference and by things that happen.
Truths are what is written in law and mathematics.
Putting money into the NHS because of EU membership savings was patently untrue. Life doesn't work that way, a neat transference of funds. It was patently clear to anyone except a new born babe that Brexit was going to cost a LOT of money and be so tangled and complex as to be almost impossible. I may be underestimating here.

Opinion is not truth. But truths can inform opinion.

I am just staggered that there is so much unfounded opinion that parades for truth.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top