Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 08:04 AM

Re: So,,,,Germany held back secret EU Military plans during referendum

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I have never understood the total antipathy towards a joint EU defence force. Given the cost of maintaining an independent defence for every country, pooling resources and forming a joint defence makes a lot of sense. Okay, so its formation may be fraught with nationalist screeching but once set up it would have to be quids in for everyone.
I fear the problem in this country stems from to many still fighting WW2 in their imagination.
Watching how we dealt with greece in their hour of need i have no faith whatsoever that a joint military would ever step up to the plate and protect anyone but france and germany.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 12:49 PM

As per other posts, none of this is news. If people cared to read the various Treaties which have been illegally signed away by the monarchy they would have already known that all our military was destined to be taken over by an EU Military Army.

Reading the Treaties was the reason I voted Brexit. Nothing to do with immigration. You read the content of those treaties and you can see quickly where Britain was headed. We would have had no parliament, no Westminster, no justice system of our own, no significant representation in the huge collective of EU MEPs, no ability to get any resolution through the EU Parliament etc etc.

In short, everything that was Britain, would have been removed, destroyed . . . permanently.

All the things you thought were sacrosanct, like "innocent until proven guilty", the right to Habeus Corpus and so on. All were heading out the window as we drew every closer to what was clearly a totalitarian United Federal States Of Europe.

Remember the days when the UK had the greatest Navy in the world? A justice system that couldn't be undermined by EU justice laws where crims were properly punished and not just let off?

If you haven't already, read the Lisbon Treaty and educate yourself.

Here's a useful summary website that explains the "7 Deadly Clauses" in that treaty, most of which UK voters were blissfully unaware of. Note how your politicians and the monarchy, over the years, have taken our country into this dictatorship without once giving the people a referendum, a vote, a choice. They have all betrayed the British people and should be held to account.

7 Deadly Clauses
http://www.eutruth.org.uk/lisbontreaty7.html

50 Reasons To Leave
http://www.eutruth.org.uk/50reasonseu.html

How To Exit From The EU
https://eutruth.org.uk/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 10:44 PM

Hmmm.... a European army. Didn't the Germans try something like that seventy-five years ago? The S.S. I think it was called.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hmmm.... a European army. Didn't the Germans try something like that seventy-five years ago? The S.S. I think it was called.

Yes but they didn't get an invitation to set foot on our soil, this lot might have done had we stayed in ...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 07:09 PM

I really think you should do some reading.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I really think you should do some reading.

What do you suggest?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 07:47 PM

Winston Churchill's History of WW2.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

09-11-2016, 08:04 PM

Haven't got the time or the inclination, perhaps you could supply a précis?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 09:38 AM

No, the German army was the Wermacht, the SS was Himmler's 'elite' force which had, to some extent a 'policing' role too.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

10-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, the German army was the Wermacht, the SS was Himmler's 'elite' force which had, to some extent a 'policing' role too.
I know, I was being flippant. With Germany's historical need for power and European control I was comparing past and present armies. In my view a new European army will be used for population control rather than protection.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top