Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 10:57 AM

Re: So,,,,Germany held back secret EU Military plans during referendum

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I know, I was being flippant. With Germany's historical need for power and European control I was comparing past and present armies. In my view a new European army will be used for population control rather than protection.

I don't think, throughout history, there's ever been an army that hasn't been used for population control.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:32 AM

I can see the Italian part of the new European force, they would be facing the wrong way. They have the most colourful army in the world, name me another with a big yellow streak on the back of their uniforms.
The german army are also easily recognised as they all have to have a small moustashe. The French army would be useless as well, the enemy could smell garlic from a mile away and hopping like frogs from place to place.
Of course the Greek army would show the white flag as well, all they have to do is wear heir national costume.
The Spainish army would want a siesta right in the middle of a battle
The Russians would be too drunk with drinking vodka

That just leave us to do the dirty work as usual to win the war

Then when won the USA would claim that thay did it all by themselves having joined in at the end
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can see the Italian part of the new European force, they would be facing the wrong way. They have the most colourful army in the world, name me another with a big yellow streak on the back of their uniforms.
The german army are also easily recognised as they all have to have a small moustashe. The French army would be useless as well, the enemy could smell garlic from a mile away and hopping like frogs from place to place.
Of course the Greek army would show the white flag as well, all they have to do is wear heir national costume.
The Spainish army would want a siesta right in the middle of a battle
The Russians would be too drunk with drinking vodka

That just leave us to do the dirty work as usual to win the war

Then when won the USA would claim that thay did it all by themselves having joined in at the end

Typical 'little englander' comment!!!

Who was it who held an overwhelming force at bay with just a few hundred soldiers??? Hmmmm???

And who took on the Austrian army and defeated them in the mountain passes in the tyrol???

Who was it who defeated the Germans in the biggest tank battle ever???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

Who was it who held an overwhelming force at bay with just a few hundred soldiers??? Hmmmm???

And who took on the Austrian army and defeated them in the mountain passes in the tyrol???

Hi

We live in the present, not the past.

The much feared Luftwaffe of WW2, now the German Air Force, only had 38 operational fighters and ground attack planes earlier this year.

Some of these were incapable of even being used at night due to a software update fault.

Trump has a point, they and others have been freeloading.

I have no wish for the UK to be part of a European Defence Force, NATO is sufficient.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

And proud to be a little Englander not a communist. To the other questions we did in Egypt against Rommel
The Austrians yodelled themselves to death
we did the biggest tank battle but the Americans claimed they did

The only thing the Americans did was make better war films after it was all over
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 03:24 PM

I'm never sure what a little englander is, it always seems the most patriotic people are accused but you never hear any other country have a similar saying, because they are encouraged to be proud of their countries.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 03:27 PM

The 'lefties' don't like it, nor the apologists, nor students.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-11-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
And proud to be a little Englander not a communist. To the other questions we did in Egypt against Rommel
The Austrians yodelled themselves to death
we did the biggest tank battle but the Americans claimed they did

The only thing the Americans did was make better war films after it was all over

Yet again, you're wrong!!! The Spartans held back the Persian Army with just 300 soldiers.

The Italians defeated the Austro-Hungarian empire in the Alpine mountains during WW1.

The biggest tank battle ever took place in the Ukraine at a place named Kursk.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
If Merkel and Junckers want to play silly idiots, let them, we will be no part of it.

The EU would be sunk without NATO and the American Firepower it brings.
I'm hearing on the news today that Trump has issued warnings to other NATO countries which fail to pay sufficient to provide their own armed forces. I completely agree with him.

We, and one or two other (poorer) EU countries are the only ones, apart from America, to pay anything like the required percentage of our GNP for the upkeep of our armed forces. France and Germany are two outstanding examples of countries who do not, heavily relying on America to fight their battles for them.

They have a quite a shock coming. No wonder they want to create a 'European Army' and get other countries to fight on their behalf. Not only does it save them money; it puts other nations' servicemen's lives on the line.

I'd like to see Trump give them some hard figures: either provide X-amount of funding for your own armed forces or you're out of NATO. I'd love to see the faces of those strutting, pompous leaders like Hollande!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm hearing on the news today that Trump has issued warnings to other NATO countries which fail to pay sufficient to provide their own armed forces. I completely agree with him.

We, and one or two other (poorer) EU countries are the only ones, apart from America, to pay anything like the required percentage of our GNP for the upkeep of our armed forces. France and Germany are two outstanding examples of countries who do not, heavily relying on America to fight their battles for them.

They have a quite a shock coming. No wonder they want to create a 'European Army' and get other countries to fight on their behalf. Not only does it save them money; it puts other nations' servicemen's lives on the line.

I'd like to see Trump give them some hard figures: either provide X-amount of funding for your own armed forces or you're out of NATO. I'd love to see the faces of those strutting, pompous leaders like Hollande!
Hi

France is OK actually.

Frau Merkel is a huge freeloader, she would have to increase Germany's Defence Budget by £21.47 Billion Year.

Juncker's home, Luxembourg, would have to increase it's Defence Budget by 500%.

Hilarious isn't it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top