Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: France to cancel Calais Border Controls

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
NO...France has the DGSE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct...ernal_Security

note:
The DGSE is considered one of the world's most respected intelligence agencies, especially in regards to economic intelligence.[3]

I don't think they will be interested in your help thanks.
But I do wish the LeTouquet agreement is stopped. It doesn't pay to be helpful to the UK...they kick you in the teeth and blame you for helping to keep the dreaded immigrant for their shores.

In these days of rife terrorism, do you seriously think that the French agencies would refuse the help of GCHQ?
I am sure that at least they are not that arrogant or stupid.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 08:29 PM

I don't understand... we check at airports for tickets and passports when people board planes why can't it be the same for ferries?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't understand... we check at airports for tickets and passports when people board planes why can't it be the same for ferries?
Exactly my point.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi

The ferries do, the issue is not those who buy tickets, but those who hide in vehicles, particularly HGVs.

In addition to those in the Calais camps who used to do by force, people smuggling is very big business.

Hidden compartments, CO2 adsorbents, forged Customs Seals, people get through every day.

When we find them at the moment in Calais, we give them to the French.

This will not apply when we leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
When we find them at the moment in Calais, we give them to the French.

This will not apply when we leave.
That is encouraging; I was under the impression that once here they stayed!

If the Frogs rescind this arrangement when we leave, we'll have to think again. I'm sure there are possible strategies, though, and have explained some already.

If all else fails, one way of overcoming the problem would be to play the Frogs at their own game, and that is to make this country as unattractive as possible to the leeches:
- no handouts
- no free housing
- no free healthcare
- in short, nothing at all.

Perhaps if we did that, and when they found out, they'd be queuing up to sneak on to lorries (we could ask the police to turn a blind eye) which could then proceed (unopposed of course) on to ferries or through the Tunnel.
The French authorities might well ask if they could have their own border controls in Dover. Well, what do you think?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
In these days of rife terrorism, do you seriously think that the French agencies would refuse the help of GCHQ?
I am sure that at least they are not that arrogant or stupid.

The stupid is from the person I forget whom who said the French have no national or international intelligence agency.
Clearly they have no Google either.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 03:10 PM

The stupid is from the person I forget whom who said the French have no national or international intelligence agency.
Clearly they have no Google either.
Hi

The person you are referring to was me, and that is not what I said.

It is not beyond the bounds of any poster to scroll back to the beginning of a very short thread like this to verify who said what.

As to Google being your friend, you Googled the wrong thing and your response, as was others of yours, was factually incorrect.

I do not often respond so bluntly but such is life.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

The DGSE is good, but they are the External Agency, not the Internal Security Agency.

The French Intelligence Services are a joke, they don't talk to each other, they have no common computer system which allows immediate access to all databases.

You are entitled to your opinion Flicker, unfortunately your opinion is not one shared by the French Government.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gence-agencies
You wrote (ppost 1)

France has no GCHQ, we supply with them with all the intercepts and Intelligence.

If you had read the link you would have seen that the INTERNAL security service is the DGSI. II made no mistake in referring you to a link that mentioned that.
"the DGSE operates under the direction of the French Ministry of Defence and works alongside its domestic counterpart, the DGSI (General Directorate for Internal Security),"

Speaking of a joke what do you think of the US intelligence services whose lack of interconnectedness is a national joke?

as for the UK I have no idea...do you??? They allowed various attacks in the UK and murdered one Brazilian in a London tube station...

but tit for tat is nonsense. Nor is it anything to do with Calais.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Speaking of a joke what do you think of the US intelligence services whose lack of interconnectedness is a joke?

as for the UK I have no idea...do you??? They allowed various attacks in the UK and murdered one Brazilian in a London tube station...
I'm amazed you can say that ... a mere day after the anniversary of the Bataclan massacre.
Flicker
France

17-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm amazed you can say that ... a mere day after the anniversary of the Bataclan massacre.
Two days actually.

And what dies the date have to do with the ongoing usefulness of the intelligence services mentioned as some emotional attempt to make me feel ashamed?

Personal again.

Can you not write about the issues and stop attacking me personally?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top