Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 11:12 AM

Brexit and Turkeys

I see the farmers union are moaning about casual foreign labour being necessary to prepare Christmas Turkeys .
I am surprised why can't our students or unemployed earn money by doing this .
Alternatively we can stop eating Turkeys .
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 11:27 AM

Re: Brexit and Turkeys

To be quite honest Muddy its a very good idea but i do not think our unemployed would do it as most are quite happy laying in bed getting the dole. As for students not sure they could be bothered either. i think unemployed should be made to earn their JSA no work no dole money.
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I see the farmers union are moaning about casual foreign labour being necessary to prepare Christmas Turkeys .
I am surprised why can't our students or unemployed earn money by doing this .
Alternatively we can stop eating Turkeys .
Why are the farmers union moaning about using casual foreign workers for Xmas turkeys ? Do they moan about the same problem at harvesting time, when they use a lot of foreign labour.
Students are still attending college/university so little time to spare, and seeing that the majority are not funded why should they.
And as Doc said people that claim jsa allowance some could be earning their money
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Our poultry processing plant hires directly from Eastern Europe

There was a time when all the students got Christmas jobs there, it was a right of passage No longer
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Enya ->
Why are the farmers union moaning about using casual foreign workers for Xmas turkeys ? Do they moan about the same problem at harvesting time, when they use a lot of foreign labour.
Students are still attending college/university so little time to spare, and seeing that the majority are not funded why should they.
And as Doc said people that claim jsa allowance some could be earning their money
They break up from ( approx)the 16th December to the 6th January
Why should they ?
Well they could earn themselves some cash students used to do holiday jobs all the time .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top