Join for free
Page 93 of 276 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:49 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I hope that is all the treatment I'll need - it's been exhausting so far and don't think I could face a 3rd round of chemo after this one.
My Mum said the same Dreamy. I can understand that.
What about your thoughts on a hospice?
Have you now shelved that idea for now?
If you can remain in your own home, it will be better.
You could use your PIP for some help. Just some thoughts from me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:22 PM

I'm not out of the woods yet being just halfway through treatment (it seems longer since it was February 8th I was first admitted to hospital, but I'm forgetting the radiotherapy I had done then), but at least I can see the light a bit. If things go bad then I'll be thinking of hospices again.

The dizziness is probably brought on by the chemo side-effects or all the drugs I've been taking. Same goes for the stumbling around when I'm in the house or my awkwardness at walking outside. Still, I'm sleeping well and have an appetite - those are normally the first two things to go when I'm ill or am really upset about anything. And the Consultant seemed happy that he had good news to give. My first PIP payment, not including the backdated one they gave me, is on Monday coming.

I was up at 7:30 and should sleep well tonight; my chemo starts at 10 so I hope to be in bed by 9 or so listening to my podcasts.

I just got the new Stephen King book so may have a read of that. Right now I'm reading The Last Days Of The Romanovs - cheery stuff.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:03 PM

I'm not out of the woods yet being just halfway through treatment (it seems longer since it was February 8th I was first admitted to hospital, but I'm forgetting the radiotherapy I had done then), but at least I can see the light a bit. If things go bad then I'll be thinking of hospices again.

The dizziness is probably brought on by the chemo side-effects or all the drugs I've been taking. Same goes for the stumbling around when I'm in the house or my awkwardness at walking outside. Still, I'm sleeping well and have an appetite - those are normally the first two things to go when I'm ill or am really upset about anything. And the Consultant seemed happy that he had good news to give. My first PIP payment, not including the backdated one they gave me, is on Monday coming.

I was up at 7:30 and should sleep well tonight; my chemo starts at 10 so I hope to be in bed by 9 or so listening to my podcasts.

I just got the new Stephen King book so may have a read of that. Right now I'm reading The Last Days Of The Romanovs - cheery stuff.
Dreamy don't take me wrong my friend, how about using a stick outside, to steady yourself???????
I do like Stephen King. You must let me know about it, please.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:05 PM

My latest MRI scan is good: no signs of any tumours up and down my whole spine. The Consultant did say that there was a build up of (probably) lymphatic fluid around my neck but he's not worried about it.

Then we re-arranged the CT scan which I missed to the 12th of June - that week is very busy now with 4 things on.

Tomorrow i go for my regular chemo; once it's done I'll have completed more than half the course including the Methotextrate treatment. I still wish that I didn't have to go into hospital for that again.
Lovely to hear your good news from the consultant Ffosse. Also that your chemo tomorrow takes you over the halfway mark. I have no idea at the moment how long my course is but I had 9 cycles of the last one. Good luck for tomorrow anyway, hope it’s a quick session.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:23 PM

I feel light headed when I’ve had my chemo but I wouldn’t quite call it dizziness. I also bump into things on a regular basis, fortunately I walk very little on my own outdoors, I need supportive or I get out of breath.

I thought about a stick too but don’t need one when I’m with hubby, it’s just if I’m out with my friends, although one friend did offer to let me link arms with her. Bless her! I guess men may get some strange looks if they did that lol!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Thank you both - I've actually got a stick, given to me by someone in hospital for arm exercises, don't think I need it quite yet, though.

For some reason I overslept and must leave in about 25 minutes or so. Last time I was finished by 1:30 so hoping for something similar today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-05-2018, 09:58 AM

Am in the hospital now, getting my arm warmed up for infusion.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-05-2018, 10:04 AM

I'm taking my son to hospital very soon.
I was about to reply to you Dreamy, when I had a funny turn. Flashing lights and dizzy.
Lot of use I am eh?
Chat later my friend. X
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I'm taking my son to hospital very soon.
I was about to reply to you Dreamy, when I had a funny turn. Flashing lights and dizzy.
Lot of use I am eh?
Chat later my friend. X

Take care Sweetie darlin'
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-05-2018, 10:39 AM

They’ve got me on different drugs this time so will take a bit longer.

Page 93 of 276 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top