Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Re: Sheetrock Replacement: Can I?

Originally Posted by doctor ->
cleanest way,put new plasterboard over the whole ceiling,on top of the old,use longer galvanised nails,then replaster,,,
it wont look right takeing some down and replacing
Unfortunately the room is too sizable to make that feasible, but I can see your point. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Difficult to do on your own so a bit of help from a family member? You will still need to get a professional plasterer in to put the plaster skim on unless you consider a heavy duty thick lining paper to cover it with. That's what I chose to do when part of my plasterboard wall was damaged, I replaced the damaged section then covered the whole wall with the lining paper before painting it all.
My neighbor has a plasterboard lift that would enable me to place and hold it right into position, but it would probably go faster if I enlisted some help, I just hate bothering people.

I've been looking at it all day and think that while I am fairly sure I could tape and mud properly. I'm just fretting about the location. It's just in front and to the left of the fireplace which would make it farly noticeable if it isn't done properly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top