Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:26 AM

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Please, Julie, No More Referenda.

That is guaranteed to turn the mass electorate off of politics and hand power to the more active groups such as Momentum.

The beauty of the Brexit vote was that it was a one off and it involved a high turnout.

Do you want to Leave the EU is a BIG question that can engage people. Referenda on 'Do you want Blue or Red passports' will disengage people from the process. It's too petty for a referendum
I don't trust our MPs to deliver what the country wants, if we don't get asked what we want I predict things will get worse.
The reason for people like momentum is they feel unlistened to, if we don't give everyone a voice we will encourage them.

We are vastly more educated than when our parliamentary system was set up I think it's time to ask the electorate more often.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Everyone shouts 'crisis' in times of flux. It's to promote and prioritise their own particular cause celebre.

The Sun newspaper that you quote has an anti immigrant agenda and uses this to influence stronger immigration controls.

The European newspaper that you quote has a pro EU anti Brexit agenda and is trying to undermine the Brexit process by calling in to question the competency of the Gvt.

It's called politics and it's base, febrile and often false.

My guess is that things are nowhere near as desperate as they would like us to believe.

It's like the doctors who run around shouting 'crisis', 'we need more money' every winter when a few extra people get the flu......It's Winter......Duh!
Hi

Our own Public Accounts Committee are calling the shots saying we are not ready.

I repeat, if we are ready why on earth are we asking for a 2 year Transition Period and paying through the nose for it?

I object to paying the EU a penny more than we are legally obliged to.

I have no objections to EU Citizens who come here and contribute to our economy.

I have every objection to those who come here and work the system.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our own Public Accounts Committee are calling the shots saying we are not ready.

I repeat, if we are ready why on earth are we asking for a 2 year Transition Period and paying through the nose for it?

I object to paying the EU a penny more than we are legally obliged to.

I have no objections to EU Citizens who come here and contribute to our economy.

I have every objection to those who come here and work the system.
I do have an objection, if they came from any other country they would be called economic migrants and most people would be horrified. We need immigrants but not just white ones from that one area, nice as they are we need a proper immigration policy a fair one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:57 AM

I don't think we are 'in a mess' , it is more a case that some people wish were were and spend a lot of time talking about it in the media (Ken Clarke MP for one) .
I also think solving 'issue' related to our departure is a lot simpler than many would have us think.

Had there been no social media at the time of our voting to leave the EU so no opportunity for unlimited gossip, I am sure the whole departure would have been sorted by now.

You know what they say 'where there is a will there is a way'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think we are 'in a mess' , it is more a case that some people wish were were and spend a lot of time talking about it in the media (Ken Clarke MP for one) .
I also think solving 'issue' related to our departure is a lot simpler than many would have us think.

Had there been no social media at the time of our voting to leave the EU so no opportunity for unlimited gossip, I am sure the whole departure would have been sorted by now.

You know what they say 'where there is a will there is a way'
Well said Meg.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:52 PM

What is the point of going over the same story over and over again?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:08 PM

At the end of the day, all we have shown is that we are a nation that cannot agree with each other. It has been like that for most of my lifetime and I can't imagine we're going to change overnight.

I'm just hearing on the news that Mrs Maybe is all for 'kicking out' JRM and Boris! I am becoming increasingly convinced that her real intention is to remain under the jackboot.

Do I care whether we sink or swim?

We voted for a Conservative government (well, I didn't; I voted UKIP). It is becoming apparent that there is no suitable party to replace them, so we appear to be stuck with them.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What is the point of going over the same story over and over again?
I agree.......stop repeating yourself, swimfeeders, it's incredibly tedious and achieves nada, zero, nothing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-02-2018, 01:36 PM

I know it get monotonous but swim has as much right to start a thread as anyone else. Anyone not wanting to contribute can ignore them if they wish.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:56 PM

Hi

I will desist from posting anymore on Brexit until the day after we leave next year.

I will return on that day to post my most humble apologies if I have been proved wrong and we have, as promised by the Government, a working Border Control and Immigration System and have concluded all the Trade Deals we have as part of the EU.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top