Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Brexit is like ‘swapping three-course meal for packet of crisps’

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is one of the most insane posts I have ever seen.

It is completely factually incorrect.

Denmark has banned both Halal and Kosher slaughter, Poland is doing the same.

It has nothing to do with the EU at all.

As for Trade, 130,000 businesses here in the UK export to the EU and 40% of our Trade is with them.

130,000 Businesses will have additional costs for the first time.

We are not only leaving the EU,we are leaving the 40 odd Trade Deals we have with other Countries.

The EU are completing Trade Deals with Canada, South Korea and Japan, EU Businesses will have the advantage of them, our industry will not.

We will have to negotiate our own.

None of this is unsolvable, but so far we have not done anything successful to resolve the issues.

The reality is we have messed up so much we have complaints against us to the WTO.

We are now asking,not just for a 2 year Transition,but an unlimited Transition.

The two year transition is costing us £40 Billion,a huge amount of wasted money

There is no way on Earth we can control Immigration on leaving day.

The scoping Project for the new Immigration System will not even be completed until the end of this year.
So why do they stop the banning of fur farms ? Denmark has big ones and protects its businesses. The idea gassing is painless so fine seems to miss the point the animals are kept in small cages never have a decent life at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:59 AM

The remainers make it sound as though we have all been living in luxury, they forget that we pay over the top for everything.

Anyway, I like crisps.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The remainers make it sound as though we have all been living in luxury, they forget that we pay over the top for everything.

Anyway, I like crisps.
Indeed apparently we pay a lot more for food coming from outside the eu. We can if we chose not pay so much in future.

The people saying we will have to drop our standards to sell into some areas are mad, we can be an ocean of decent values if we chose.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed apparently we pay a lot more for food coming from outside the eu. We can if we chose not pay so much in future.

The people saying we will have to drop our standards to sell into some areas are mad, we can be an ocean of decent values if we chose.
Of course we can choose not to pay so much in future - then we will probably go without as others will buy.

It is no good being an ocean of decent values if we are trying to travel the ocean without a paddle. Values do not keep us fed - and a packet of crisps is not going to go very far.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-02-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Of course we can choose not to pay so much in future - then we will probably go without as others will buy.

It is no good being an ocean of decent values if we are trying to travel the ocean without a paddle. Values do not keep us fed - and a packet of crisps is not going to go very far.
Not quite what I meant, the prices are high because they are importing into Eu, we can have lower tariffs or even none at all if we chose. That's what will make food cheaper.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Not quite what I meant, the prices are high because they are importing into Eu, we can have lower tariffs or even none at all if we chose. That's what will make food cheaper.
Indeed. When we are, once again, an independent country we can negotiate our own deals with the world.

I have said before that I am sure the EU, or at least those members who export many goods to us, will soon decide to fit in with our wishes.

Some have claimed that services are not subject to WTO rules. That's no doubt true, but if some countries don't want our services, we can say we don't want their goods. Yes, we would be dealing under WTO rules, but there are no rules that insist that we buy something if we don't want to.

(Oh, I'm sure our resident expert will point out that I don't understand!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. When we are, once again, an independent country we can negotiate our own deals with the world.

I have said before that I am sure the EU, or at least those members who export many goods to us, will soon decide to fit in with our wishes.

Some have claimed that services are not subject to WTO rules. That's no doubt true, but if some countries don't want our services, we can say we don't want their goods. Yes, we would be dealing under WTO rules, but there are no rules that insist that we buy something if we don't want to.

(Oh, I'm sure our resident expert will point out that I don't understand!)
Exactly all that chlorinated chicken can stay in USA we can have higher standards if we want and not buy it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:18 PM

Hello? We arent going to stop trading with EU countries.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Exactly all that chlorinated chicken can stay in USA we can have higher standards if we want and not buy it.
If that's part of a trade deal with the US we will be flooded with cheap chlorinated chicken and most will end up buying it. Our current standards will have to be maintained for EU exports. The uk will just end up with a mishmash of regulatory confusion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-02-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If that's part of a trade deal with the US we will be flooded with cheap chlorinated chicken and most will end up buying it. Our current standards will have to be maintained for EU exports. The uk will just end up with a mishmash of regulatory confusion.
I occasionally wonder if you like uk Annie, we aren't going to be forced to buy it, they can only sell what we chose to buy.

Our future standards hopefully will make others sit up and improve.

Once we are out we decide what we allow and I have faith uk will chose well.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top